What are the good fishing watches

A place to discuss other watch-brands
WatchDigger45

What are the good fishing watches

Post by WatchDigger45 »

I'm trying to find a good digital watch that I can use while fishing. I've been using my phone lately but keep getting it wet. I've been eyeing these fishing watches (http://www.mywatchvilla.com/best-fishing-watches/) but want your opinion first. Does anyone have any recommendations?
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: What are the good fishing watches

Post by nbg »

Never really thought about the need for a specific fishing watch. For way over 20 years, my fishing watch was my watch, as I only had one watch at a time, typically a cheap and cheerful Seiko on a bracelet.

Nowadays for Game or Coarse fishing I am happy to wear any of my non dress watches, although more often than not I pick a chronograph.

For Seafishing I tend to wear a Seiko SKX or a Trident, as there are too many hard objects on a boat that could cause damage, if it was rough and we were slipping around the deck.

My only other criteria is that the watch needs to be on a bracelet or NATO, to make it easier to clean the watch afterwards.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

nbg wrote:Seiko on a bracelet.
On a bracelet so when you get home you can wash the fish scud off it and you'd never know whereas a rubber strap could hold onto that minging old rotten fish smell for quite a while ?
I think I know where you're coming from Neil :lol:
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

reggie747 wrote:
nbg wrote:Seiko on a bracelet.
On a bracelet so when you get home you can wash the fish scud off it and you'd never know whereas a rubber strap could hold onto that minging old rotten fish smell for quite a while ?
I think I know where you're coming from Neil :lol:
But Greg this is not the BP on TZ, where this could go downhill rapidly! :) :shock:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK