How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
richardns

Re: How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by richardns »

Last weekend when I was flying from Heathrow to Dubai, I saw a chap wearing a C9 Jumping Hour.
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Standing at the baggage reclaim at Sal airport on Monday (Cape Verde), chatted to the guy next to me about our mutual baggage reclaim horror stories and noticed he was wearing a Black faced Trident! Didn't say anything as we were both distracted by the lack of suitcases (all fine in the end, of course).

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
Trimadjules
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Trimadjules »

My first watch was an Omega speedmaster which I love. It was seeing 2 friends with CW's that got me interested so its the otherway round :D
Benjamin Franklin
Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.

Omega Speedmaster
CW C60 Trident 600 Pro
CW C5 Malvern square
CW C3 MALVERN CHRONOGRAPH MKII
G-Shock world time
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Trimadjules wrote:My first watch was an Omega speedmaster which I love. It was seeing 2 friends with CW's that got me interested so its the otherway round :D
How long have you owned the Speedmaster? If it's an older one, it would be great to see some pictures in other brands.
Richard
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Saw my dentist again today - he was wearing the same C60 white dial 300 I saw him wearing last time. But this time I mentioned it to him and showed him my C60 Vintage that I wore in preparation, indicating that we were both CWL enthusiasts. He looked at me as though I was the biggest weirdo he'd ever seen and was not in the least bit interested, ushering me out of the room before I said anything else overly-nerdy! :oops:

I just don't understand these strange people who don't obsess about watches. :lol:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

LOL !
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

welshlad wrote:Saw my dentist again today - he was wearing the same C60 white dial 300 I saw him wearing last time. But this time I mentioned it to him and showed him my C60 Vintage that I wore in preparation, indicating that we were both CWL enthusiasts. He looked at me as though I was the biggest weirdo he'd ever seen and was not in the least bit interested, ushering me out of the room before I said anything else overly-nerdy! :oops:

I just don't understand these strange people who don't obsess about watches. :lol:
How odd! :)

My dentist also owns a white faced Trident 300 38mm. Unlike your dentist, she's rather keen on it.

Oh, yes. My dentist is my daughter... :lol:
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

welshlad wrote:Saw my dentist again today - he was wearing the same C60 white dial 300 I saw him wearing last time. But this time I mentioned it to him and showed him my C60 Vintage that I wore in preparation, indicating that we were both CWL enthusiasts. He looked at me as though I was the biggest weirdo he'd ever seen and was not in the least bit interested, ushering me out of the room before I said anything else overly-nerdy! :oops:

I'd say he was the weirdo Steve :lol:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

He clearly has no idea or interest in watches and probably took it in part payment for a filling!
Steve.
Metman
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Metman »

So not strictly a sighting of a CW in the wild.....

As I finished up work the other day at London City Airport, I saw one of the drivers waiting for his pickup. None other than a Christopher Ward, I wonder if it was The Christopher Ward?
Fraserlees
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Fraserlees »

Saw a white face black bezel C60 on a chap in a chip shop in walton on the naze this weekend.

Were both too preoccupied with children to have any discussion.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

On the train to Birmingham this morning I saw a chap wearing a C3 Malvern Chrono mk 2. He was wearing it on a fairly substantial gold bracelet, not sure how well that went with the silver case/cream face but it was good seeing another one in the wild.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Thegreyman wrote:fairly substantial gold bracelet ... silver case/cream face
:shock: I would have had to ask him his rationale behind such a decision
Ryan
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thegreyman »

But would you though...go up to a stranger on a crowded train ask him about his watch and bracelet choice! :o
Patrick

StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Thegreyman wrote:But would you though...go up to a stranger on a crowded train ask him about his watch and bracelet choice! :o
No, not at all ... that was just my initial reaction to his wrist situation you described :lol:
Ryan