who is archieluxury??

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

who is archieluxury??

Post by missF »

a while back i watched an archieluxury clip on youutube and lasted about 30 seconds before i switched off, wondering what anyone saw in the guy. but this week i've watched a few cclips through including this one where he talks about serious mental illness (obviously bipolar disorder by his description)

now - in this clip he states from the outset that he is a method actor who plays a number of characters,, one of whom is archieluxury..... i take this as truth, though the point i'm trying to make is that it seems hard to separate truth from fiction here....
i could be galled at someone pretending to have a serious mental illness for the purpose of - what? sympathy? money? narcissism? - but in fact i was completely moved by the performance (if that's what it was).... there's something compelling about this, and i find that, in this clip, it feels like he's dealing in truth, even if it's not *the* truth.....

whatever - i found it kind of compulsive viewing (if a little like slowing down to watch a car crash - i am conflicted about what i feel about all this).... this actor if nothing else is very clever.

am i just naive?? have i been suckered by a very clever vlogger?
what's your take on archieluxury?? :D
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: who is archieluxury??

Post by FloridaPhil »

This might help. Or not. :? We live in a world of contradictions.... On balance I think Paul Pluta has issues.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/archie-luxu ... aul-pluta/
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

The ABTW interview made me realise he is a bit cleverer than you think and Archie is a character.

If you don't take it seriously he's quite amusing.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

yeah - i realise that wherever he's coming from he's very clever.

that interview was a total trial :yawn: !! arial adams is soooooo dull and self-referential....... paul pluta played him like it was a game.......
and it really added nothing to what we all know about paul pluta / archie luxury.... perhaps that was the whole point......
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00