New buckle?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Tofu_27
CW-watches: 3

New buckle?

Post by Tofu_27 »

Hi everyone!

I was hoping to pick your brains...

I bought a C1000 recently, with the CW military strap. I love it to bits, but the only thing that niggles is the buckle. The lovely black titanium buckle on the regular strap, with the CW branding looks amazing, but this one is, and I do really hate to say this, a bit naff looking and cheap feeling.

I actually emailed CW and asked if they sell the other buckle as an aftermarket spare, but I didn't get a response. Was I being silly?

I even considered buying the other strap just to take off the buckle! However, doesn't look like you can buy it anymore...

I really love the strap itself as it looks great and it's so comfortable, so really just want to upgrade the buckle.
Anyone have any ideas?

C60 COSC
C65 Classic
C1000
yuri9206
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 11

Re: New buckle?

Post by yuri9206 »

Tofu_27 wrote:Hi everyone!

I was hoping to pick your brains...

I bought a C1000 recently, with the CW military strap. I love it to bits, but the only thing that niggles is the buckle. The lovely black titanium buckle on the regular strap, with the CW branding looks amazing, but this one is, and I do really hate to say this, a bit naff looking and cheap feeling.

I actually emailed CW and asked if they sell the other buckle as an aftermarket spare, but I didn't get a response. Was I being silly?

I even considered buying the other strap just to take off the buckle! However, doesn't look like you can buy it anymore...

I really love the strap itself as it looks great and it's so comfortable, so really just want to upgrade the buckle.
Anyone have any ideas?

You need a black PVD sport clasp CW buckle. Take a look at a CW soft rubber leather strap buckle ...
Or a sport clasp buckle in stainless steel. Last alternative a black pvd dress clasp buckle, same dimentions of your, not so good, buckle :D
C8 Pilot MK II; C5 Malvern MK II; C60 Trident Pro 600 black; C11 Titanium Extreme 1000; C65 Trident Classic LE; C60 Trident Titanium Pro 600 #2; C60 Trident Pro 600 white; C11 MSL Black Manta; C11 Titanium Elite 500; C8 Mark I; C11 Makaira pro 500 orange
yuri9206
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 11

Post by yuri9206 »

A CW black sport buckle like this:

C8 Pilot MK II; C5 Malvern MK II; C60 Trident Pro 600 black; C11 Titanium Extreme 1000; C65 Trident Classic LE; C60 Trident Titanium Pro 600 #2; C60 Trident Pro 600 white; C11 MSL Black Manta; C11 Titanium Elite 500; C8 Mark I; C11 Makaira pro 500 orange
CBMVic20
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by CBMVic20 »

CW will sell you a buckle separately without the strap so give them a call if you're not getting any luck via email.
CW C9 SH21 | C60 Apex SH21 | C65 SH21
Ernst Benz Chronoscope DLC
Oris WilliamsF1 Day Date 2004
Phoibos Leviathan DLC
Seiko 5 Sports Orange "Baby" Monster
Tag Aquaracer | F1 Panda

Too many watches, not enough time :(
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

I'm a bit confused about this. Is the buckle you have pictured the one that came with the watch? If it is, that surely must be a mistake on CW's part. I would contact CW and tell them you have been sent the wrong buckle.
'Tis me
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Caller wrote:I'm a bit confused about this. Is the buckle you have pictured the one that came with the watch? If it is, that surely must be a mistake on CW's part. I would contact CW and tell them you have been sent the wrong buckle.
As I read it, yes, its the buckle that came on the strap with the watch.

However, the strap in question is a NATO on which the buckle is stitched into the strap and thus cannot be changed.

My advice, get a 'Seat Belt' NATO from Watchgecko with matching black IPK/PVD fittings.

https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver-se ... k-nato.php

Job done.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Caller wrote:I'm a bit confused about this. Is the buckle you have pictured the one that came with the watch? If it is, that surely must be a mistake on CW's part. I would contact CW and tell them you have been sent the wrong buckle.
These are the non-branded generic Nato's that shipped out with many of the Typhoons in the sale. Annoying for me, but not a mistake.
Steve.
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Thermexman wrote:
These are the non-branded generic Nato's that shipped out with many of the Typhoons in the sale. Annoying for me, but not a mistake.
Thank you for that explanation. Shoddy then, not a mistake.
'Tis me
Tofu_27

Post by Tofu_27 »

Hi All,

And thank you for the great responses.

Yuri, yes that is exactly the buckle I was hoping to fit.

I will try calling CW rather than emailing and see what they say.

Guy, love the suggestion, those straps look great!

Chris
C60 COSC
C65 Classic
C1000