The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by MiniMpi »

Thermexman wrote:Today, it's this because it's paid for and should be arriving shortly!

Nice one Steve ! :clap: 8)
Nothing like a Makaira, great watches.
BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by BerlinCW »

Thermexman wrote:Today, it's this because it's paid for and should be arriving shortly!

Greetings,

Very nice, you can now start dreaming about the next one!
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

BerlinCW wrote: Very nice, you can now start dreaming about the next one!
Need to be careful now. I think I've spotted the wife Googleing psychiatric hospital accomodation in the local area. :shock:

If she leaves me to go and stay in one, I'll have to cook for myself. Don't think I'd cope with that! :silent:
Steve.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

Mmm orange... Looks great, shame about the distracting white markers though. Also strange to see them at 9-12 rather than 12-3 or 4. I was wondering why they were at the 'beginning' as that seemed useless, do they serve a purpose at the end? Just noticed the minutes are backwards too - I really like the apparent weirdness!

Enjoy it :)
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

suicidal_orange wrote:Mmm orange... Looks great, shame about the distracting white markers though. Also strange to see them at 9-12 rather than 12-3 or 4. I was wondering why they were at the 'beginning' as that seemed useless, do they serve a purpose at the end? Just noticed the minutes are backwards too - I really like the apparent weirdness!

It's a count "down" bezel. The white markers at the end, serve to notify you that you're in the last 15 mins! I don't know if it would be practical for a diver type person, what does real, diver type, diving but it'll help me time them there boiled eggs! Although, now that you've alerted me to it's apparent weirdness, I'm not sure that I could ever wear it now! :shock: :thumbdown:

Orange, did you say?
Damn! just noticed that now, too! Thanks Man! :?
Steve.
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Thermexman wrote:
suicidal_orange wrote:Mmm orange... Looks great, shame about the distracting white markers though. Also strange to see them at 9-12 rather than 12-3 or 4. I was wondering why they were at the 'beginning' as that seemed useless, do they serve a purpose at the end? Just noticed the minutes are backwards too - I really like the apparent weirdness!

It's a count "down" bezel. The white markers at the end, serve to notify you that you're in the last 15 mins! I don't know if it would be practical for a diver type person, what does real, diver type, diving but it'll help me time them there boiled eggs! Although, now that you've alerted me to it's apparent weirdness, I'm not sure that I could ever wear it now! :shock: :thumbdown:

Orange, did you say?
Damn! just noticed that now, too! Thanks Man! :?
I'm sorry :oops:

I've decided this was sarcasm - it's a strange shape watch in a bright colour so by most people's standards it's already weird and being backwards is just the icing on the cake. I'm sure you'll love it :thumbup:

Interesting that the contrast markers are a diver thing, now I'm wondering all aim to finish at X:15 or dive watches have one hand that goes backwards :lol: For the first time rotating bezels make sense!
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

suicidal_orange wrote:
I'm sorry :oops:

I've decided this was sarcasm - it's a strange shape watch in a bright colour so by most people's standards it's already weird and being backwards is just the icing on the cake. I'm sure you'll love it :thumbup:

Interesting that the contrast markers are a diver thing, now I'm wondering all aim to finish at X:15 or dive watches have one hand that goes backwards :lol: For the first time rotating bezels make sense!
Sarcasm, with tongue firmly in cheek, as an attempt at humour! It's a bad habit of mine.

Don't know if you're aware that the bezel on this watch rotates? That's what the top crown is for. Apologies if you do already know.
Steve.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

This Limted Edition SBDC047, only 1000 made and they are selling for more than twice as much as the similar Sumo/Blumo. But that dial and bezel seems worth it.. 8)

STodd
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 13
LE-five: yes

Post by STodd »

nordwulf wrote:This Limted Edition SBDC047, only 1000 made and they are selling for more than twice as much as the similar Sumo/Blumo. But that dial and bezel seems worth it.. 8)

Ooooohhhh, I likes......
C60 GMT MkI¦C11 Elite,Pro¦C700 Grande Rapide¦C8 Pilot MkII¦C8 UTC¦C10 FLE#13¦C4 'Phoenix'¦Speedhawk¦Bluebird LE#319¦IRR LE#129¦C1000 FGR4
Omega PO 2201.51.00¦Damasko DA44¦Seiko KS 5621-7020, SRP639¦Luminox 1833¦Newmark 6BB¦Scurfa DiverOne NATO
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

smegwina wrote:
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:One of these; 'coz I'll never get around to buying the 'real thing'.

Guy
Oooh, good choice sir!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Thank you kind Sir. . . .

.. . . but tonight it will be an up-spec'd lightweight version to be dreamed of.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z Premium using Tapatalk
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:
smegwina wrote:
Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:One of these; 'coz I'll never get around to buying the 'real thing'.

Guy
Oooh, good choice sir!

Thank you kind Sir. . . .

.. . . but tonight it will be an up-spec'd lightweight version to be dreamed of.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z Premium using Tapatalk
Ha! Good man! Probably one of the best value tits anium, premium movement watches out there!

what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

STodd wrote:
nordwulf wrote:This Limted Edition SBDC047, only 1000 made and they are selling for more than twice as much as the similar Sumo/Blumo. But that dial and bezel seems worth it.. 8)

Ooooohhhh, I likes......
Currently one on eBay UK at a reasonable price, but it has a slightly misaligned chapter ring. Other than Grand Seiko's i don't think i could justify spending £400+ on a Seiko.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

I think that Seiko was around $600 at pre-order so they increased quite a bit in value because they are rare. The only drawback is the bracelet and lugs are integrated so you can't use any other strap.

Also dreaming about the Blue Lagoon Samurai SRPB09 which is half the price and similar to the Sumo. Just wish it had the 6R15 movement but the 4R35 should be pretty good as well. Supposedly a Limited Edition of 6000 pieces.

suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Thermexman wrote: Sarcasm, with tongue firmly in cheek, as an attempt at humour! It's a bad habit of mine.

Don't know if you're aware that the bezel on this watch rotates? That's what the top crown is for. Apologies if you do already know.
Mine too, though rarely in text as it's hard to get across. I wrote a reply ending in an offer to buy it before realising I'd missed it - better late than never :lol:

Had no idea about the bezel, that's another strange feature (most being external grab and twist) - the C11 has come from nowhere to be an attainable entry on my wishlist!
christam
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: The

Post by christam »

smegwina wrote:Ha! Good man! Probably one of the best value tits anium, premium movement watches out there!

I've spent part of the evening grumbling at the iPhone's text autocorrect, which seems to forget two words for every new one learned, so that (I've highlighted it for clarity!) has just cheered me up no end :lol: :lol:
I am not a collector of watches. I used to be able to say that and know I was telling the truth.