How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Shenners

Re: How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by Shenners »

First one today......in the dentist waiting room lol

A guy sat next to me had a Trident pro 600 on, I spotted it straight away and complimented him on it.
Its_Probably_Me
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Its_Probably_Me »

I have never since one out in the wild, always keep an eye out though. Mostly seikos and fashion brands that I see
jllim532
Junior
Junior

Post by jllim532 »

Have been promoting CW since I got my first Trident. Today my wife, father-in-law, cousins and colleagues are all proud owners. So I see them wearing their CWs in office and during outings.

Can that be counted as sightings??? Ha ha ha..

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Never seen one in the wild! I keep looking though!
Steve.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

jllim532 wrote:Have been promoting CW since I got my first Trident. Today my wife, father-in-law, cousins and colleagues are all proud owners. So I see them wearing their CWs in office and during outings.

Can that be counted as sightings??? Ha ha ha..

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk
Similar here, my sister's partner now has 2 C60 Pros after seeing mine.
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
ciclismosam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by ciclismosam »

Along with the purple malvern I gave my mom and the C8 I gave my dad, the only other one I regularly see is when my girlfriend is in town and is wearing the 38mm Trident GMT which she commandeered from my collection. She loves it and wears it every day. I do have a couple coworkers who have expressed interest but neither actually have a CWL.
Family CWLs: C1 Grand Malvern Moonphase, C1 Worldtimer, C5 Malvern Quartz in Purple, C900 Single Pusher 148/250
My CWLs: C3 Mk II Malvern in Green, C3 2017 FLE 31/50, C60 51 Squadron Trident 300
https://www.instagram.com/thesambrower/
Tangerine_sedge
Junior
Junior

Post by Tangerine_sedge »

I can safely say that I have never seen another CW in the wild. I get to see plenty of Breitlings, Tag Heur, the occasional Tissot and Rolex, and countless Rolex homage, but not one single CW.

I like to be different to everybody else, if they were more popular, I'd have to find an even more obscure brand :)
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

After wearing a Rolex Sub every day for fifteen years, I have only been asked about it once, by a guy who was wearing a dive watch, wanting to know what kind it was. I know a couple of watch guys who noticed, but I think that was the limit. Do normal people look at each other's watches? That closely?
Gregory
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Psalty wrote:After wearing a Rolex Sub every day for fifteen years, I have only been asked about it once, by a guy who was wearing a dive watch, wanting to know what kind it was. I know a couple of watch guys who noticed, but I think that was the limit. Do normal people look at each other's watches? That closely?
Some of us do. I'm one of them! I also try and look at who wears what on TV (yeah, probably a little sad I know!)
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

TigerChris wrote:
Psalty wrote:After wearing a Rolex Sub every day for fifteen years, I have only been asked about it once, by a guy who was wearing a dive watch, wanting to know what kind it was. I know a couple of watch guys who noticed, but I think that was the limit. Do normal people look at each other's watches? That closely?
Some of us do. I'm one of them! I also try and look at who wears what on TV (yeah, probably a little sad I know!)
:lol: I asked about "normal people." So you count yourself as one? :)
Gregory
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

Psalty wrote:
TigerChris wrote:
:lol: I asked about "normal people." So you count yourself as one? :)
Fair point! :D :D
Kith
Junior
Junior

Post by Kith »

Only ever seen one other person wearing one. It's funny how one makes snap judgements but I instantly liked this chap because of his choice of timepiece!
C70 3527GT 96/100
Psalty
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Psalty »

Kith wrote:Only ever seen one other person wearing one. It's funny how one makes snap judgements but I instantly liked this chap because of his choice of timepiece!
:lol: That is truly funny. How arbitrary the heart!
Gregory
ridavey

Post by ridavey »

I've never seen another one in the wild. But a couple of guys at work maybe getting one after seeing mine.
fissionu235
Guru
Guru

Post by fissionu235 »

Only once, about 3 1/2 years ago. It was coming off a Delta Flight from Atlanta to London Heathrow. Saw the man sitting eating at a café waiting for his flight. He was wearing an older model C5.