Breitling and Tudor collaboration

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Breitling and Tudor collaboration

Post by Alex r »

Interesting collaboration dint know they were linked :oops: Goes to show how expensive developing and testing a new movement is.
Details from a blog to watch below

The Breitling Superocean Heritage is a classic diver's watch that's now celebrating its 70th anniversary with a slight design refresh and a brand-new movement developed with Tudor watches. The new Breitling caliber B20 is derived from the Tudor Caliber MT5612 used in their Black Bay watches, among others. In fact, Tudor's new Black Bay chronograph borrows from the Breitling B01 caliber as part of what I call their "movement exchange program" this year.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/updated-bre ... -movement/
ziphos
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Re: Breitling and Tudor collaboration

Post by ziphos »

We know that Breitling is up for sale, I wonder if this "movement exchange program" might turn into something more in the near future? Probably makes sense, the Breitling range would fit quite nicely with the Rolex and Tudor ranges.
CW C60 pro 300, C60 pro 600, C60 pro 600 GMT, C60 Titanium V2, C65 Trident Classic, C7 Rapide, C63
Omega Speedmaster Professional, Speedmaster Racing, Seamaster (1950's)
Breitling 2x Aerospace
Also: Borealis Bulova Casio Scurfa
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

From a style point of view I don't get how Breitling would be a fit with Rolex and Tudor.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

nbg wrote:From a style point of view I don't get how Breitling would be a fit with Rolex and Tudor.

Neil
Hmm, the two don't strike me as ideal bedfellows!

In saying that, were the companies to merge, there would be little risk of poaching sales from each other.

I could see the companies being linked more than the products.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Crossi
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

Post by Crossi »

Presumably 'derived from' means the same as 'modified' which various manufacturers use to mean 'we use ETA or Sellita but give it our own number to make people think that we made it'.

At least they're being up front.
C9 Chrono / C9 / C10 MkI / C11 / C5 Slimline / C60 Pro 600 Red / C4 Peregrine / C60 Pro 600 Green / C70 VW
Vintage Omega Seamaster Gold (Birth year watch)
Omega Seamaster Pro Quartz
Tag 2000 Classic
TW Steel Goliath
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

smegwina wrote:In saying that, were the companies to merge, there would be little risk of poaching sales from each other.
Exactly :thumbup:

Rolex customers would continue to buy Rolex, Tudor customers would continue to buy Tudor, and Breitling customers would continue to buy Breitling. None would lose sales to one of the others, but movements/components etc could be shared to reduce overall costs and all the profits would be going to the same place.

Seems like a perfect fit to me.
Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Alex r »

I can see this working for all involved and it could be the lifeline breitling need. :thumbup: