Help needed with restore

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Neeson

Help needed with restore

Post by Neeson »

Hi all,

My grandfather passed away recently and he has kindly left me his somewhat humble Rotary quartz watch (ref. 10108 with the word 'Lanai' on the case back). It's a black and gold case and bracelet with a black dial and and applied gold markers. The problem I have is that it's clearly been flooded at some point. It no longer works and the centre point at which the hands are mounted seems to be rusted - presumably through water exposure.

Now, because of the sentimental value, I'd like to keep this watch looking close to its original form. I accept I may need to change movement, hands and crystal but any advice on the best way of going about doing that on what is almost certainly an entry level Rotary would be most appreciated. Please let me know if you have any interesting ideas or suggestions...

Ideally I'd like to post pics but still figuring that out as a newbie!

Thanks in advance.
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Help needed with restore

Post by rgb »

No posting of pics, per se. Rather, host the photos elsewhere and post the link to them wrapped in [ img ] [ /img ] tags. I have my own web server so I just use that, but others use photobucket as a hosting site.

Kip will no doubt be along to provide you the newbie-welcome-and-how-to post.

You might want to type 'restoration' in the search box ... there have been past discussions on good restorers for various pieces.
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Help needed with restore

Post by BerlinCW »

Greetings,

I remembered posting this link a while ago in response to another request...............

http://bhi.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/201 ... .01.17.pdf

Not sure where you are though!

Good luck.