How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by Kip »

Shooter723 wrote:I never seen anybody in the US wearing Christopher Ward. But being the company only started in the 90s I'm assuming most people that ordered their watches have not received them yet :shock:
Just to be accurate...the company was formed in 2004 and the website went live in May 2005. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
MimramMan
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by MimramMan »

Guy in my office wears a 38mm Trident on a NATO. It was a wedding present from his wife.
Bulova 96A135
Orient Mako
C9 JH MkIII
G-Shock AWG-M100-1AER
Some other quartz stuff...
CIoudStrife
Senior
Senior

Post by CIoudStrife »

Walked by a guy in my workplace with a white dial green bezel Trident on leather... I wonder if he noticed my trident that day too...
TomDavoren
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Post by TomDavoren »

Someone I work with cane in with a previous model stainless Malvern a few weeks ago. Not a watch fan at all, just 'wanted something nice' and found CW through researching online articles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not changed my signature in ages!

Omega Geneve (1961)
Zenith Surf (1971)
CW C11 MSL (2015)
Tag F1 Chronotimer (2011)
Tag Aquaracer Chronotimer (2011)
Seiko Samurai Save the Ocean (2018)
Seiko Pressage SRPG07 (2021)
EddieTheBeast
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by EddieTheBeast »

The chap in Frearsons, my local jewellers, who took three links out of my new C60 a few weeks ago was wearing an old C60 mkI. He said he was a big fan of CWL watches.
Dean
RichAZ2006
CW-watches: 3

Post by RichAZ2006 »

Here in sunny Phoenix, AZ, USA I have not seen another CW wearer. A couple of coworkers and a sales person (at the jewelry store I frequent for the wife's gifts) have expressed interest, but nothing materialized from that.

It's sad that Americans, at least here, are more interested in Apple watches and G-Shocks, or no watch at all.
TheBeatles
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by TheBeatles »

I've never seen anyone wearing one. But an assistant in a Newcastle department store had on an Omega MoonWatch and whilst I was admiring it, he remarked that he liked my CW C60 Pro red/black.

He recognised it, by saying he liked my Christopher Ward.

That's the closest I've been to CW recognition by a non forumite
Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniels, Frank Sinatra

All You Need Is Love, The Beatles

Too much of anything is bad. But too much of good whiskey is barely enough, Mark Twain
nige
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by nige »

RichAZ2006 wrote:Here in sunny Phoenix, AZ, USA I have not seen another CW wearer. A couple of coworkers and a sales person (at the jewelry store I frequent for the wife's gifts) have expressed interest, but nothing materialized from that.

It's sad that Americans, at least here, are more interested in Apple watches and G-Shocks, or no watch at all.
I find this to be accurate here in California. Well... I have a coworker who's into Stuhrling watches so I guess that's better than nothing?
Tudor Black Bay 36, Wenger Field
shalferty75
Junior
Junior

Post by shalferty75 »

I've seen one guy in another office wearing a Trident recently but nothing other than that.

Had a few guys in my office ask about mine recently so let's see how that goes...
Shooter723
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Shooter723 »

RichAZ2006 wrote:Here in sunny Phoenix, AZ, USA I have not seen another CW wearer. A couple of coworkers and a sales person (at the jewelry store I frequent for the wife's gifts) have expressed interest, but nothing materialized from that.

I bought my wife a Apple Watch for her birthday and that's all she wears now.
CW C9 5day 40mm white face black leather strap,CW Trident pro 600, Omega seamaster gmt, Orient m-force black, Orient m- force orange, ROLEX day date presidents bracelet , Seiko sarb65, Lumi-nox 8150, to many others to list
RichAZ2006
CW-watches: 3

Post by RichAZ2006 »

Nothing against an Apple Watch, wife has one too, and it is pretty neat. But there is that special something about a fine timepiece, however, there are less and less of us that appreciate that.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Lads...this thread is for actual sightings of CW's in the wild, not non-sightings :?
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
dodsi
Junior
Junior

Post by dodsi »

A friend of mine owns one - and a colleague at work has one - both speak very highly of the CW brand. I think it's one of those brands that people who like watches 'know' and appreciate but the non watch lover it may as well be any old 'fashion brand'.
BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by BerlinCW »

Thegreyman wrote:Lads...this thread is for actual sightings of CW's in the wild, not non-sightings :?

Greetings,

I'd like to report that I've seen lots of people not wearing CW's!
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by gaf1958 »

Thegreyman wrote:Lads...this thread is for actual sightings of CW's in the wild, not non-sightings :?
Well IMO, never having seen one, other than on the wrist of one of my family members, is still a useful bit of information regarding whether they're becoming common muck or are still somewhat rare. I mean I don't hop on here every other week to say I've still not seen one :wink: but the occasional comment doesn't hurt.

After all, the original poster asked the question: "Do other members spot CWs on the wrists of strangers when they are out and about?" To which a valid answer is; no, haven't seen one yet.. .
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier