Clockwatcher

Broken Bezel C60

Post by Clockwatcher »

Hi, anyone else have any issues with the c60 pro bezel coming
off. Very happy with the watch until now. The bezel came off the watch
watch as I was reaching into my pocket for change, the bezel was
undamaged and I could have superglued it but have just packaged
it up to send in for repair.
Has anyone got a price for a new bezel recently?
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Broken Bezel C60

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

It has been known for the aluminum bezel to come off on a C60 MkI but not the ceramic bezel on the C60 MkII.

Which version do you have?

Either way, contact CWL, tell them the issue and they'll send you a returns pack (postage paid Royal Mail special delivery in UK or they'll refund postage costs if you're abroad). It will then be dealt with, but I'm not sure of the cost.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Clockwatcher

Post by Clockwatcher »

Thanks, I have just sent it off. I am a novice, only 2 in my collection...Saw the c60 with an orange bezel on my work colleague in 2014 and bought myself a blue one for Christmas, the paperwork doesn't mention a mk2 so it must be the aluminium one. returned to CW yesterday so awaiting contact. It feels strange as I have worn it everyday since Dec14.
I was thinking whether they will put a new bezel on as there are slight scratches on it wear n tear

thanks again
Lewis
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lewis »

I just lost my aluminum bezel insert two days ago however mine is now property of the gulf of Mexico. I let Wera know and she sent me the warranty return information. Cwl does have good customer service. I know they will replace the bezel I just don't trust that it won't happen again. I have read of multiple tridents getting the bezel replaced multiple times. I think they were all mk1. But I strongly feel that if a brand makes a dive watch it should be able to withstand the rigors of a dive and maintain its use as a dive tool. I think if cwl is not able to properly fix their manufacturing failure then those affected watches should be replaced with watches that have corrected those manufacturing errors or a refund is in order, if within the warranty. If outside the warranty I would say it is the brands choice if they want the negative quality publicity or to assist outside of warranty. I have turned multiple friends and family to Christopher Ward for watch purchases. I really don't want to feel like I lead them into future issues.
Lewis

Omega Speedmaster 1861
Karl Falk Automatik black dial
C60 Trident Black bezel mk1 2nd gen logo (warranty swapped out my original charcoal bezel)
Seiko New Gen Orange Monster
Seiko Pogue-ish 6139-6009 resist notched
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by gatehealing »

My brother dives and I would never give him a CW dive watch to use; it's too risky...I've read other stories about CW dive watches failing in different ways. No failure is acceptable when diving.
Lewis
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lewis »

Clockwatcher,
What's the news? Everything all repaired as expected?
Lewis

Omega Speedmaster 1861
Karl Falk Automatik black dial
C60 Trident Black bezel mk1 2nd gen logo (warranty swapped out my original charcoal bezel)
Seiko New Gen Orange Monster
Seiko Pogue-ish 6139-6009 resist notched
Shooter723
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Shooter723 »

gatehealing wrote:My brother dives and I would never give him a CW dive watch to use; it's too risky...I've read other stories about CW dive watches failing in different ways. No failure is acceptable when diving.
That's pretty scary that you can dive for $200 seiko but people are afraid to dive with a $1000 Christopher ward .. starting to regret ordering one
CW C9 5day 40mm white face black leather strap,CW Trident pro 600, Omega seamaster gmt, Orient m-force black, Orient m- force orange, ROLEX day date presidents bracelet , Seiko sarb65, Lumi-nox 8150, to many others to list
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

To reiterate that this occasional bezel issue was with the MKI version and not with the MKII ceramic bezels.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.