Discuss Christopher Ward watches
wilko
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 6
LE-two: yes

Re: Has anybody suffered bad delivery from within the UK

Post by wilko »

i don,t think the failed delivery is cwl,s fault.its down to the carrier,probably royal fail in this case.the best way,as you say,is to pay extra for next day recorded delivery. :D
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

I do not really understand why CW does not just use Royal Mail Next Day for all of it's deliverys. I ordered a watch from Watches 1st last year and they send all of their orders in this way, think it cost £6.95. I can sort of understand a more thorough check needs to be made of an automatic watch and it might add another day to the delivery time.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

CornishDave wrote:I do not really understand why CW does not just use Royal Mail Next Day for all of it's deliverys. I ordered a watch from Watches 1st last year and they send all of their orders in this way, think it cost £6.95. I can sort of understand a more thorough check needs to be made of an automatic watch and it might add another day to the delivery time.
I think CW always do use a next day delivery service. Without the strikes, I think they always use "Royal Mail Special Delivery", which is a guaranteed next day service.

The difference between "Standard" and "Next Day" service from CW is simply the order pick/pack time. If you pay extra, they will ensure they despatch the order on the same/next day from your order. If you don't pay they try to despatch your order in 3-5 working days.

I think the OP may have cut it a bit fine, ordering on 22nd expecting delivery on 27/28th. Of course, that should be sufficient time, but CW have probably been busy due to the sale. Therefore, just unfortunate circumstances?
Richard
widge34
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by widge34 »

Well I ordered a leather strap from CW, after 5 days it had not arrived. Contacted customer services who told me to ring head office. Head office looked into the order and surprise, surprise the strap was being despached that day. The strap arrived the following day special delivery which I had not opted for. This convinced me that my order had been forgoten until I phoned them up.
downer

Post by downer »

widge34 wrote:Well I ordered a leather strap from CW, after 5 days it had not arrived. Contacted customer services who told me to ring head office. Head office looked into the order and surprise, surprise the strap was being despached that day. The strap arrived the following day special delivery which I had not opted for. This convinced me that my order had been forgoten until I phoned them up.
If it's anything like the company I work for, all it means is that your order got 'prioritised' (you went to the top of the queue) because of your phone call. I doubt orders are 'forgotten' as they are in a computer system. :D
Richard
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

Downer, I think my argument is if Watches 1st can pick/pack/post all in one day why cant CW. Watches 1st is I would have thought an even smaller company than CW and like the latter the owner's wife deals with most queries. I do not think CW's service is bad in this area, I just think it could be even better. Bodying deliver as standard just as quickly as CW albeit they charge more for postage.
jimbo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jimbo »

I waited in all day on friday for "John Lewis" to deliver a washing machine......and it failed to arrive....does this count in the drip stakes?
Remember...your left hand has the thumb on the right hand side
tomocr

Post by tomocr »

I ordered a C6 on Friday, paid for Next Day delivery as I live in northern Scotland. They didn't send the watch out until Monday afternoon. Pretty terrible and watch is faulty anyway so have sent back. Great looking watch though so am really hoping CW sort this out and send a replacement quick time!
wardie 61

Post by wardie 61 »

I ordered a watch to new jersey, Never arrived !!! was sent to Ohio without customs sheet and DHL took it upon themselves to send back to UK!!!!!!!!! A comedy of error's :twisted: :silent: :thumbdown: THE WORSE EVER NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Not sure why your watch went to Ohio, but DHL cannot even accept international shipments without a customs form. :?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

tomocr wrote:I ordered a C6 on Friday, paid for Next Day delivery as I live in northern Scotland. They didn't send the watch out until Monday afternoon. Pretty terrible and watch is faulty anyway so have sent back. Great looking watch though so am really hoping CW sort this out and send a replacement quick time!
What was the problem?

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by scooter »

Robin

That was over 6 and a half years ago.

When will people learn (not you Robin) not to start old threads up again.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by robinbarke »

scooter wrote:Robin

That was over 6 and a half years ago.

When will people learn (not you Robin) not to start old threads up again.

scooter
Thanks Scooter. I'm half asleep this morning!

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

wardie 61 wrote:I ordered a watch to new jersey, Never arrived !!! was sent to Ohio without customs sheet and DHL took it upon themselves to send back to UK!!!!!!!!! A comedy of error's :twisted: :silent: :thumbdown: THE WORSE EVER NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!
Not only resurrecting a six years old thread, but this post relates to a USA delivery, whereas the thread is about UK deliveries (although the thread title is ambiguous).

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by scooter »

Robin

I know what you mean.

I shall be off for a brisk walk shortly because it's a travesty to waste what looks to be a very nice fresh day out there.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)