New watch choice - help please.

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: New watch choice - help please.

Post by Dancematt »

FloridaPhil wrote:I came close to buying this automatic Tag Heuer F1 recently. It looks really nice IRL and I much prefer the more integrated metal bezel than the cheaper plastic versions. Also, the seconds hand counter-balance is in the shape of the Heuer logo - nice.

GBP 1,100 on Amazon or $1,100 from the US if you can live without the manufacturers warranty. Model number WAZ2114.BA0875

Also available in black face on rubber strap for about $100 less. Model WAZ2113.FT8023

That said, the Trident is a lovely watch too and you can use the promo code at the moment as well for extra savings.
Trivia time: Tag Haven't used plastic bezels on the F1 since 2003
I miss all the great things that may never be.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Personally not a fan of Tag Heuer. Good watches, but mostly overpriced IMO. As a company, they have been ripping off people for years with the Aquaracer Series. If you really want a Tag, then shop carefully. Overstocks and deals abound.

If going with the Trident, I would most certainly recommend the C60 600 which will give you the automatic and ceramic bezel and will certainly less than your budgeted amount, but sadly not in orange.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Dancematt wrote: Trivia time: Tag Haven't used plastic bezels on the F1 since 2003
About the last time I looked at one! Funny I have not gone back to look after handling one of the plastic bezelled versions - was a real cop out on the part of Tag Heuer.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
italy7
Junior
Junior

Post by italy7 »

The current codes for the trident 600 make for a very compelling case ...
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

FloridaPhil wrote:
Dancematt wrote: Trivia time: Tag Haven't used plastic bezels on the F1 since 2003
About the last time I looked at one! Funny I have not gone back to look after handling one of the plastic bezelled versions - was a real cop out on the part of Tag Heuer.
Initially the F1 was supposed to be a 'high end' version. Of the swatch. Tag saw how Swatch was rejuvenating the Swiss watch industry and wanted a slice of the action which is why it used plastic parts to maximise profits and match what was selling. Heuer were almost aa dead brand in the 80's but the Heuer 1000 diver and the F1 saved them from oblivion but I agree the plastic bezels went on too far although most watches in the 90's were in a much lower class of quality and finish than they are now
I miss all the great things that may never be.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

At the end of the day, it really depends what you want.

If you want a watch that gets noticed, that everyone knows is expensive and many assume is more expensive than it is, get a Tag.

Virtual no one out there knows what CW is, so you will have to look like a complete berk and inform everyone of the history/quality etc...

Based on your requirements, I would go with a Tag.

There is nothing wrong with being a watch tart. Rolex, Breitling et all, have made a fortune out of it!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Stuntkiteb

Post by Stuntkiteb »

So I have made my purchase and it is sat on my wrist looking fantastic!

I went back to the Mondaine shop and tried on the stop2go. It looked good, felt good and the quirkyness appealed to me.... but then I went next door and bought a Tag :D