Armageddon watch: tough, solar, radio. Suggestions please

A place to discuss other watch-brands
eggtronics
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Armageddon watch: tough, solar, radio. Suggestions please

Post by eggtronics »

Looking for a watch that I've not really been interested in up until now. I'm after a true "beater" watch - tough as nails, solar powered so no battery worries, and radio controlled so perfect sync at all times which I can then set my other watches to.

I'm thinking about these ones, which one would you choose? Alternatively suggest one for a similar price.

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product ... 926175.htm
https://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Shock-GW-790 ... 0039YOHTY/
http://www.watchshop.com/mens-casio-pro ... 43630.html
When I see a watch, the last thing I see is the time

Watch It All About
The WIAA Shop

I've always got loads of watches for sale, PM me to see what I've got available right now!
My Name Is Pete
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Armageddon watch: tough, solar, radio. Suggestions pleas

Post by My Name Is Pete »

Any of the above. I personally own the first one in your list - it's a lot smaller and neater than the bulk of the G-Shock line - unless you like the oversized look.
Pete
Ceegee
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by Ceegee »

^^^^^^^^^^agreed any of those will do the job. I own number 2 and although it's mahoosive it does what it's made to do. And does it well. So I say this one

smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

The pro treks are big buggers so the gshock is probably a better bet.

I have a few, and this is probably my favourite. A brilliant beater. (Great price too)

Some of the edifice are also excellent in the role you need with solar, atomic time and tough as old boots.

Sent from my IRON using Tapatalk
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by tempusmaximus »

I agree with all the above watches , each would be great for what you are looking for . Another suggestion is the Casio G Shock Mudman GW9010-1 , a very tough watch imo .
Bernie
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

I have owned 3 G shocks. All have been bloody uncomfortable until I put the one Smegwina shows on a resin combi bracelet then it felt nice to wear but I have to say they are extremely reliable watches.

I've had one for 7 years and one for 6 and they have worked perfectly all this time. One - my GW 2500 (or something like that....aviator ani gigi) has sat on my bathroom windowsill all that time, only wear it when I wash the bike. That means it's dealt with extreme heat
From the sun and cold from winter and the effects of condensation from over 4000 showers/baths. Got to respect that.

Overall id go with the protrek because it has 200m resistance and is an abc, I use the thermometer on mine all the time since becoming a new father, I test the heat in my boys room every night so we know what clothes to dress him in for bed, it's a great feature as is the auto lume when you revolve the wrist. PLUS it can be put on a nato straight away, you don't need adaptors like G shocks and I would seriously reccomend a nato or combi bracelet for the G's as the straps are rubbish.
I miss all the great things that may never be.