A place to discuss other watch-brands
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Re: The

Post by blowfish89 »

gaf1958 wrote:
golfjunky wrote:Is the speedmaster trendy?
Not trendy, just an all time classic! :)
No bias here, move along....
Familiarity breeds contempt 8)
SIB
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 1

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by SIB »

Sabbath wrote:^^^ Sometimes our tastes change or mature. At one stage in recent years I only wanted watches that were bright, blingy and 45mm +

Now I'm selling watches at 40mm because they are too big and buying watches that I wouldn't have looked at as little as 2 years ago. Still it's funny what we say...
Coincidently I was thinking about this earlier today. I used to look for really complicated dials on (usually) big watches a few years ago but now I prefer simple 3 handers on generally 40mm or less watches. I have a Panerai 243 which I wear a fair bit but this is the exception.

I currently have a Sinn 556 with mocha dial on order which I'm looking forward to arriving. I swithered for ages between the mocha and the limited edition anthracite but THINK the mocha just edges it for me......I wasn't too sure on a grey dial with grey hands on a steel (grey) watch whereas the mocha "popped" a bit more. Plus I really didn't like the "1961 - 2016" on the dial of the LE. I appreciate it's an anniversary watch but would have prefered a clean dial or just "Automatik" dial written same as the mocha one. Anyway, will post pics when it arrives
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Anything from this outfit would do it for me. First tried one on at SQP and can't get them out of my mind.
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Headhurts
Junior
Junior

Post by Headhurts »

This one keeps tempting me but having purchased a new car and two watches recently I do not want to give the wife any excuses.Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Headhurts
Junior
Junior

Post by Headhurts »

This one keeps tempting me but having purchased a new car and two watches recently I do not want to give the wife any excuses.Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

nbg wrote:Anything from this outfit would do it for me. First tried one on at SQP and can't get them out of my mind.
Neil
unbelievable watches , but very expensive! Love the Endeavor small second with blue dial in palladium.
SIB
Expert
Expert

Post by SIB »

It's the one watch in my collection I really wouldn't part with unless I became destitute or something!

Very expensive new but if you're lucky you can pick them up second hand quite reasonably. The "normal" version of my Mayu Marron (mine is a limited edition of 20 that was done without the iconic "12" for the Asian market) sold on another forum recently in excellent condition for £6500. Still a lot of money obviously but when you consider it's less than an SS SeaDweller ceramic or what people are trying to sell the Speedy CK2998 for it puts it into perspective I think :D

hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

I would never buy another watch after owning an H Moser (perpetual calendar in yellow gold thanks).

Need to sell a few toys to get one though...
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

SIB wrote:It's the one watch in my collection I really wouldn't part with unless I became destitute or something!

Very expensive new but if you're lucky you can pick them up second hand quite reasonably. The "normal" version of my Mayu Marron (mine is a limited edition of 20 that was done without the iconic "12" for the Asian market) sold on another forum recently in excellent condition for £6500. Still a lot of money obviously but when you consider it's less than an SS SeaDweller ceramic or what people are trying to sell the Speedy CK2998 for it puts it into perspective I think :D

:cuinlove:
bradjhomes
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by bradjhomes »

Struggling to get the Sinn U2 out of my mind at the moment.
Ian Mc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Ian Mc »

This one might just be my grail watch!
Time keeps on slipping into the future
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

^^^^

As someone who has one (albeit on bracelet), I say go for it! You won't be disappointed.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

nbg wrote:Anything from this outfit would do it for me. First tried one on at SQP and can't get them out of my mind.
Neil
Neil, check out Alexandre Meerson ,a small British firm making high end swiss made watches.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

@fishman - Thanks. I think Meerson were also at SQP last year. Some nice looking watches, with an interesting looking case/lugs on the dressier style ones. Also seem to do a few in titanium, although I think the gold case dress watch style ones like the small seconds cost considerably more than a similar complication Moser.

Meerson also seem to have a few that I really don't like, such as most of their D15 collection.

I notice that your rest from posting didn't last long :). I reckon it's because we are on balance such a friendly helpful bunch with a strong sense of humour and irony.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

Hahaha! Don't tell anybody! Concerning the Meerson watch, I really like the Altitude Officier model in titanium. Basically this is a marine design, but the case height is only 8.6mm.