Ceegee - June 2016

Proudly display your current State Of The Collection
Forum rules
Here you may post and share your State of The Collection (SOTC).
Please title your post with Your Forum name and date such as Kip - July 2014
If you wish to update your collection, please start a new topic following the same format. That will insure that your current SOTC will be at the top.
This area is for SOTC threads only. All others will be moved or deleted.
Ceegee
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Ceegee - June 2016

Post by Ceegee »

Been nearly a year since my last SOTC and since there've been a few changes, perhaps it's time to share the latest SOTC.

This is where I was back in August http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... 64&t=32847

So first up my trusty Seamasters - these are going nowhere.

And then my B&R, these three are all that remain from August 2015.

Next up is my Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 5. This was picked up as a joint Xmas/anniversary gift last December and despite looking at many other [often far more expensive] watches, this one really caught my eye. It just looked gorgeous on my wrist. And in the end has prompted me to move towards more dressy watches rather than my usual favoured divers.

I'd always fancied a Nomos and the Orion was my preferred choice. One of my first ever posts on this forum, in 2012, discussed Ryan Gosling's watch worn in the movie Drive and how I was looking for something which looked similar http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =8&t=14403 Dancematt suggested the Orion. I guess I now have it. Love this watch. I had thought of buying the smaller 35mm, as reviews had suggested that they wore large with the long lugs. Very glad I didn't because the 38mm is a perfect size for me and by sticking a brown leather strap on it I hoped to wear it as a casual watch too. Don't think the 35 would work quite so well as a casual wear.

Always like ana-digi watches and have had a few g shocks and tissot t touches but Breitling probably make the best examples. I've liked the Aerospace and particularly the new black evo versions but in the end picked up a nice used Chronospace (the 90s versions are much smaller than the current iteration) and I rather like it. It's one comfortable watch and like many of the other watches here has sublime AR on the crystal. Something I do like in a watch.

My latest purchase is this fella. A lovely Grand Seiko SBGV005. I've owned a SARB previously and liked the design and case shape. The size, at 37mm, was too small for me and I eventually sold it. And thought to myself, if Seiko can make this great SARB at this price what must a Grand Seiko be like?!?!? How bloody amazing might a GS be?!?!?!?! I've also started to worry about service costs for automatic watches, as some of mine are nearing service time, so fancied buying another Quartz. And who makes better Quartz watches than the venerable Grand Seiko! The SBGV005 is 40mm too a good size for me. Bonus! The polishing on this watch is fantastic, from the case to the applied indices. In fact I think the finish surpasses my AT which I sold earlier this year.

Next up is the blue Black Bay. The Black Bay is a great watch and not too silly price wise for such a well made piece. I already owned the red bezel version (now up for sale in sales corner) and realised recently, on trying on the blue bezel version, that I'd erred when buying the red originally. The blue is just more me and I found myself favouring it over the red every time I opened the watch box. Hence why the red is now up for sale.

Next up is a great Seiko prospex diver. No idea why I picked this up. Probably simply because I loved the look of it and having owned a Monster previously knew they wore well on my wrist. Thought it would make a good beater and withnthe silicon strap offered something different. Have to say I've had it a few months now and I do like it. A lot. Just that bit different. In fact, I was wearing it yesterday for a stroll along the Northumberland coast. The blue divers together...

And finally is my trusty G shock. For DIY days.

There are also Fossil and Rotary watches knocking about in man-drawers somewhere and those watches will always be with me. Like some of the watches above, they were gifts from my wife (when we were just young uns) and mean a lot to me.

As for what to buy next... who knows. My Grail is probably the Speedy Alaska project but more affordable and easier to find is the Sinn 903.

Sabbath
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Ceegee - June 2016

Post by Sabbath »

What a stunning collection with so many standouts. The Tag is just lovely.

Congratulations Sir...
Mark
Jape
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Jape »

Great collection, indeed. The Tudor is my favourite. Thanks for sharing.
C7 Rapide C11 Auto C600 Tri-Tech C2 Lido C40 Speedhawk C60 600 Sinn 857 Sinn 103St Sinn U1 Omega Seamaster Pro 300
Wants are many but funds scarce.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Great collection. My favourites are probably the Planet Ocean and the Black Bay.
I'm sorry to say I have yet to really drink the GS Kool-Aid.
Richard
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by tempusmaximus »

A fantastic collection :thumbup:
Bernie
RAC
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by RAC »

Love it! Great collection! Thanks for sharing.
Want to add I really like the Tag Carerra Calibre 5 as well. I know Tag gets a lot of hate but for some reason that model really appeals to me as well. Thanks again!
Ryan
CW:C60 Pro 600, C3
Tag Heuer: Link
Rolex: Submariner 5513
Tissot:PR50 Chronograph, PRS200
Seiko: SNZH53, SKX009
Ceegee
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Ceegee »

Thanks everyone. You're very kind. The PO is still my hands down favourite for so many reasons but there are others now which run it a very close second and those are the Tag and GS. They're just so well made. In the case of Tag Heuer it's meant I've begun looking at other watches in their Carrera range and I'm rather smitten with the new 2016 black Monza re-issue. Previously I never gave Tag a second look.
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

Lovely collection you have there CeeGee. That TAG with the gold hands and indices is very attractive (of course so are the others)
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I enjoyed reading that ;)
A lovely collection you have, keep up the good work !
Ceegee
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Ceegee »

Once again. Thanks both. Glad you enjoyed the read Ferg.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Ceegee - June 2016

Post by gaf1958 »

Some nice additions there Chris, but I'm glad to hear the Planet Ocean is still #1 on your favourites list! ;)
My only reservation is the G-Shock, not for me... but the rest... :thumbup:
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
MarkGraz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by MarkGraz »

Impressive collection, love the Seamasters!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
CWL:C30,C5FLE,C60(2),C60GMT(2),C8(2),C9JH,C11Tit Ext,C11MSL,C9SS,C95D,C9GMT,C9FLE Proto, C60 Chrono
Ebel Chrnon,Stein NavB DLC,Hanhart Minos,Nomos Metro,NomosAhoi ATL,Panerai 351,Omega Spdmstr Mk2,Halios Tropic B,,JLC Master Comp Chrono, Tudor GMT.
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Brilliant collection. the B&R is the standout piece imo.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Jenz
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Jenz »

Beautiful and a Black Bay Blue is my next mid-grail :)
Ceegee
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Ceegee »

gaf1958 wrote:Some nice additions there Chris, but I'm glad to hear the Planet Ocean is still #1 on your favourites list! ;)
My only reservation is the G-Shock, not for me... but the rest... :thumbup:
I'm forever indebted to you for that one Gary. Just a great watch. I know many people prefer the 2500 but having owned both I much prefer the 8500 iteration (ignoring the POLM obviously).
golfjunky wrote:Brilliant collection. the B&R is the standout piece imo.

I have to admit I've thought about selling this one a few times, to raise some funds, but then I stick it on my wrist and remember why I bought it in the first place...
Jenz wrote:Beautiful and a Black Bay Blue is my next mid-grail :)
It's a good choice. Right up there with the PO. I've deliberately worn it when visiting a Rolex AD to try on a no date sub (always a watch I think I should own) and realise that the sub, although nice don't get me wrong, isn't enough of an improvement to make me shell out the extra dough.