How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Lego
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by Lego »

Not quite the same but saw a C60 today in the shop window of F.Hinds jewellery shop in the Trafford Centre in the pre-owned section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CBMVic20
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by CBMVic20 »

Had an estate agent round the other day to value the place and he was wearing a CW. We spent a good 10 mins talking about watches which was a lot more interesting than the marketing spiel about selling houses.
CW C9 SH21 | C60 Apex SH21 | C65 SH21
Ernst Benz Chronoscope DLC
Oris WilliamsF1 Day Date 2004
Phoibos Leviathan DLC
Seiko 5 Sports Orange "Baby" Monster
Tag Aquaracer | F1 Panda

Too many watches, not enough time :(
DrK

Post by DrK »

Was on the tram to the city and saw a C65 trident vintage on this well-dressed gentlemen. Was so surprised to see it in the wild and I must say it's a beautiful watch. Somehow the new logo just fits the watch so well.
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

DrK wrote:Was on the tram to the city and saw a C65 trident vintage on this well-dressed gentlemen. Was so surprised to see it in the wild and I must say it's a beautiful watch. Somehow the new logo just fits the watch so well.
Has anyone actually taken delivery of one of these yet? :?
sinner777
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by sinner777 »

Never seen one in the wild. Actually I bought C8 for my best man...but it does not count,right?

Even my watchsmith never heard of CW

sent from my Nokia 3310
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Renton »

DrK wrote:Was on the tram to the city and saw a C65 trident vintage on this well-dressed gentlemen. Was so surprised to see it in the wild and I must say it's a beautiful watch. Somehow the new logo just fits the watch so well.
:---)

Unless it was Chris!
The5rivers
Senior
Senior

Post by The5rivers »

I wouldn't think that cw is too prevalent in the states. In California I haven't seen anyone wearing one, but I get lots of compliments when I wear my c65 and then the obligatory "cw what's that." Nice to be exclusive :D
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

Had on my le purple dial Slimline with mesh bracelet this past weekend and several people commented on how much they liked the dial color.
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

The5rivers wrote:I wouldn't think that cw is too prevalent in the states. In California I haven't seen anyone wearing one, but I get lots of compliments when I wear my c65 and then the obligatory "cw what's that." Nice to be exclusive :D
I'm working on that principle. Wondering if there is a way to find out how many of the 175 C65LE's made it to the US. Quite exclusive I'd think.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
The5rivers
Senior
Senior

How often do you see strangers wearing a CW?

Post by The5rivers »

FloridaPhil wrote:
The5rivers wrote:I wouldn't think that cw is too prevalent in the states. In California I haven't seen anyone wearing one, but I get lots of compliments when I wear my c65 and then the obligatory "cw what's that." Nice to be exclusive :D
I'm working on that principle. Wondering if there is a way to find out how many of the 175 C65LE's made it to the US. Quite exclusive I'd think.
I wasn't exclusive enough to get a c65 LE because I wavered, so my normal c65 will have to do! Regardless, I still get compliments.

EDIT: c65 LE incoming!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Qtronic

Post by Qtronic »

I am in Edinburgh, and have never seen anyone else with one yet. People do ask me what I am wearing as it stands out being the green C60 ... fantastic watch.

It get more compliments than any other in my collection :-)

Q.
nburgess
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by nburgess »

Whilst I've never encountered a CW in the wild in the 2+ years of ownership, today I met a fellow admirer.
Chatting to one of the Architects this morning here at work when he muttered.."Ooh, a Christopher Ward" when he saw my C65. I was quite taken aback.
I stated that he obviously knew the brand to which he said he did, but didn't own one himself (although he did have a rather nice SMP on his wrist) and that he had bought his son a C4 a while ago and seemed quite impressed with the brand.
So, still yet to see one on someone else, but at last met someone who knew about the brand...which pleases me somewhat. :? :thumbup:
Neil
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Qtronic wrote:I am in Edinburgh, and have never seen anyone else with one yet...
that's because my C11 is currently back at CW towers being repaired! it'll be back on display very soon i hope! :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
PA012
Junior
Junior

Post by PA012 »

Finally spotted. On the tube from Paddington about a month ago someone was wearing a c11. Wanted to chat to him but it was so busy didn't get chance. End result is that he probably thinks I was lovingly staring at him :P

On different journey. Cardiff to Bristol, I saw a gentlemen wearing a tag I had previously owned. When I complimened him he asked what I was wearing, when I said CW, he exclaimed, ' My boss has lads of CW watches and talks about them all the time! Not quite the same as spotting one but hey.....nearly.
C60 Trident 300 Blue Face/Blue Bezel
C20 Lido White
Malvern C5 White
Tudor Style Sunray Silver 41mm
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

missF wrote:
Qtronic wrote:I am in Edinburgh, and have never seen anyone else with one yet...
that's because my C11 is currently back at CW towers being repaired! it'll be back on display very soon i hope! :thumbup:
I'm in Edinburgh too folks so maybe you'll see me wearing my C65 LE sometime, although just bought two more in the sale yesterday so it could be a C70 VW4 or C11 Extreme 8) I'll keep an eye out for you and your CW's myself. Edinburgh is a big village as some say :)
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way