Comparing the old and new C65s side by side.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Comparing the old and new C65s side by side.

Post by tikkathree »

PaulJS wrote:
tikkathree wrote:The more I look at the new, the more I see them as different watches.
I'll be sorry to be without this little chap whilst he goes back to the mender - try to wind the watch on the crown and the rotor spins! It runs though.Image

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I had exactly the same fault on my C20 - same movement? I have just received it back from CW and the enclosed notes stated that the reversing wheel had been replaced. Turn around was about 8 weeks.
Ah right. At least your return preceded the rebrand. The new website wouldn't let me complete the request for a return envelope. Sent 'em an email last night and waiting.

C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

robinbarke wrote:
tikkathree wrote:The more I look at the new, the more I see them as different watches.
I'll be sorry to be without this little chap whilst he goes back to the mender - try to wind the watch on the crown and the rotor spins! It runs though.Image

A common problem, faux qualitie!

Robin
Faux that for a game of solderers! hahaha

C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
7ee
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by 7ee »

My 2p worth. I strongly dislike the new logo position and font, the text used on the original CW's beneath the actual logo would have been far far nicer and in itself was quite classy IMO. Also don't like the non centered positioning of the text itself with the Ward to the left rather than centered below Christopher, looks like it's been designed to be fresh rather than a view to timeless which is where I'd like to see them establishing their logo now so it doesn't constantly need revising.

I don't mind the hands, they look a little bland and to me feel a bit micro-brand as they're quite typical of what is used by many micros, but they're ok and the originals never did look quite right on the classic for me either.

I like that they've done away with the Omega Seamaster wave dial, this looked all wrong to me on the classic and all together if CW want to keep a wave dial I'd prefer they came with their own design of waves rather than ripping off the Seamaster. I think the plain dial suits this particular watch better. Classic and clean.

All together probably not a watch I'd buy with any logo as I can take or leave the C60 Classic, but with the new logo there's no way I'd consider buying as it just looks completely out of place with the otherwise classic look. Also the block AUTOMATIC in different font looks jarring against the sans font of the logo.
Konketsu
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Konketsu »

I think after getting and reading through the magazine and listening to the interview today.. the new C65 is better than the old. I never really understood the CHR. abbreviation and explaining it to people who asked me was getting tiresome. The hands were also a bit too Bremont. Now they are more C20 and Patek/AP, which is okay.

As for the new font and placement I am indifferent, it looks decent enough. The size, shape and boxed crystal on the new vintage one one are all a positive to me. I am not looking to buy, but if one showed up as a gift, I'd be happy. If they made it with a diver's bezel it would be like an Oris Sixty-FIve.... wait a second...
"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." - Sir Winston Churchill
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

Konketsu wrote:The hands were also a bit too Bremont. Now they are more C20 and Patek/AP, which is okay
The only similarity to CW's trident hands is on Bremonts supermarine range, based on a classic. As the for new hands, Bremont also use similar, on their Boeing range. So not quite right on both counts really.
'Tis me