I'm confused!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
gestalt
Junior
Junior

Re: I'm confused!

Post by gestalt »

missF wrote:perhaps from here on in, at GTGs we'll introduce ourselves according to which 'era' of CW we 'belong' to:
CW1 = original logo, when things were straightforward at CW towers
CW2 = 'new logo', when things felt a little bit unsettled, but then hugely reassuring when the company pulled off a 10 year anniversary with some style, some very super watches, and a strong sense of direction moving forwards.
CW3 =
gestalt wrote:urban-hippster-doofus-clearly-engineered-disruptive-more-modern-than-you-brand.

as in:
'hi, lindsey, CW1, good to meet you'.......

(maybe get-togethers will have to be renamed and rebranded, however...... coffee shops rather than pubs for a start...)
It's my purposeful use of dashes that make it so modern ;)
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Im confused. do we think all this website bullsh1t of WWII etc was thought up by CW, Hello or the PR company? and if it wasnt CW then who the f>ck at CW approved all this ****? surely they shouldnt be in a job any longer.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

golfjunky wrote:Im confused. do we think all this website bullsh1t of WWII etc was thought up by CW, Hello or the PR company? and if it wasnt CW then who the f>ck at CW approved all this ****? surely they shouldnt be in a job any longer.
I think that's a bit harsh.

In general the site is better, and the bizarre text has given us some laughs.

I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

ok maybe not the sack but a damn good thrashing at the least. im not saying the website physically isnt better but some of the lists that people on here have produced detailing all the errors is astounding.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Timinwales
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Timinwales »

golfjunky wrote:Im confused. do we think all this website bullsh1t of WWII etc was thought up by CW, Hello or the PR company? and if it wasnt CW then who the f>ck at CW approved all this ****? surely they shouldnt be in a job any longer.
Honestly, I've no idea, but you know what they say about experts... Ex, as in has been... Spurt, as in drip under pressure.. I find it all more than a little dissapointing to be honest, and one attraction to the brand, was its perceived integrity, and clear mission statement.. Both of which are now well and truly compromised for me... Stienhart are still out there at a very similar price point, yes they are German but what they do they do well...

I'm really pleased with my 3 CW's and pleased I picked them up when I did, as I don't see the C60 resplendent in its new livery appealing to me, and I doubt we will see the likes of the C11 re produced..
CW C11 extreme
CW C60 Pro (auto)
CW C60 COSC MK1
Auto~Hamilton Khaki Field~Stienhart Ocean1(Premium Blue)~Seiko Blumo~Garrard Vintage~SKX013~Orient Field
Solar~Citizen Nighthawk(Ti)~Seiko Solar Dive
Quartz~Sector Chrono~Rotary Sub~Luminox SEAL (Ti)
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

C'mon Greg. Your points are fully appreciated, but I've lost cost of the number of times you have posted the same / similar comments.

Any chance of giving it a rest and posting something new?

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

because maybe i feel im/we are not getting the answers we should be.
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

golfjunky wrote:because maybe i feel im/we are not getting the answers we should be.
Facebook and Instagram seem to get replies from CW.

Perhaps if everything they post from now on gets a comment like 'this isn't going to have the new logo is it?', they might rethink.

It also makes me laugh that their Instagram and Twitter names are 'ChrisWardLondon'.
Their Facebook address is 'ChristopherWardLondon'.

Shouldn't they change these to get rid of 'London'?
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
Bahnstormer_vRS

Fair comment, although Kip posted last night (can't recall in which thread) that comments on all platforms are being listened to, and addressed where practical.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium

Bahnstormer_vRS

Seems like CWL is not the only Company/Organisation getting a frosty response to a 're-branding'.

Instagram appear to have dived into some hot water with their new logo;- http://www.itpro.co.uk/networking/26522 ... s-new-icon

Just an observation.

Guy

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:Seems like CWL is not the only Company/Organisation getting a frosty response to a 're-branding'.

Instagram appear to have dived into some hot water with their new logo;- http://www.itpro.co.uk/networking/26522 ... s-new-icon

Just an observation.

Guy
That really is dreadful, what were they thinking of. I prefer the previous version....... :lol:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Bloody hipsters, all that logo needs is a beard :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback