Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
dan1983
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Replacement Breitling Strap

Post by dan1983 »

Hi
I have a 2016 Breitling colt which is on a leather strap. I'd like to purchase a steel replacement so I can be confident it can be used in water etc.
Brand new the straps are expensive, I've done a quick scan online but wondered if there are any recommendations for a used supplier? I've tried watch finder and Hackett watches and waiting for a reply.
Thanks in advance
Dan
Richard B
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Replacement Breitling Strap

Post by Richard B »

There's not usually an easy answer to this, which is why we all advise:

"Always buy on the bracelet"

To be blunt, you're going to be right royally done over a barrel, assuming that you want a genuine Breitling bracelet.

Search for Jomashop on Ebay and elsewhere, they sometimes do offers. Also find out the part number for your bracelet and search for that. That's all, you're on your own now, unless you want a non-matching aftermarket bracelet?
So I wish I was James Bond, just for the day.
Kissing all the girls, blow the bad guys away.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Another option is to hit the Breitling forums with a WTB thread.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Andyshall
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Andyshall »

This is probably not the answer you are looking for but......it you want to be confident you can use the watch in water have you considered a rubber strap ?
My nephew has a Colt that he puts on a rubber strap in cold weather. It looks good (in my opinion) and is much cheaper than a bracelet. Another alternative would be a waterproof leather strap from the Hirsch Performance range that you could put your existing buckle on.
davidjake07

Post by davidjake07 »

i second that love rubber straps on dive watches
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by st-rider »

If we are talking about a strap that can get wet there's always a nato to change the look ;)
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Andyshall wrote:This is probably not the answer you are looking for but......it you want to be confident you can use the watch in water have you considered a rubber strap ?
My nephew has a Colt that he puts on a rubber strap in cold weather. It looks good (in my opinion) and is much cheaper than a bracelet. Another alternative would be a waterproof leather strap from the Hirsch Performance range that you could put your existing buckle on.
Indeed! All my divers are on Rubber. (I think!) It works particularly well and if he is concerned about the cost if an original, there are plenty of "homage" straps on eBay that are extremely close to the original.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk