Delivery Time

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Farnorth
Junior
Junior

Delivery Time

Post by Farnorth »

What is the "normal" time for a delivery from the UK to Canada?
I was supposed to receive two items by March 24th (which was already about two weeks post the shipping date from the UK).
Royal mail has no way of tracking the items once they leave the English shores and it seems to me that Canada Customs would not need more than two weeks to process this.
Canada Post is another matter :problem:
I have contacted Wera but I don't know what she can do.
These deliveries are way beyond reasonable time (I have the delivered to my office so I'm sure to get them and sigh for them).
Palstek
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Re: Delivery Time

Post by Palstek »

In my experience the problem is usually the customs office. They take their sweet time every time. I think I only got a watch from CW to Switzerland once under two weeks and that was when the watch somehow slipped by customs...
Believe me there is no way to rush the customs office, I tried. Got a train ticket sent by my partner from hungary, it arrived in CH within a day and was stuck in customs for almost a week, I almost missed my train (it arrived the day before leaving). Called several times and they said there was nothing they could do
Alall
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Alall »

Took 14 days last time...Toronto delivery.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
audiolab1
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by audiolab1 »

Not sure if I just got lucky, but here are my dates for the C60 I purchased during the sale in Feb.:
Ordered Feb.25
Shipping notice Feb.29
Arrived Mar.8
Crocs477
Senior
Senior

Post by Crocs477 »

For my most recent one, I ordered my March 16th, shipped on March 17th, and delivered March 28th to Toronto.
Crocs477
Senior
Senior

Post by Crocs477 »

Although i forgot there was the Easter holiday in there, so would have been dowe to 10 days if it wasn't Good friday.
Crocs477 wrote:For my most recent one, I ordered my March 16th, shipped on March 17th, and delivered March 28th to Toronto.
realmccoy12406
Senior
Senior

Post by realmccoy12406 »

Time to the US is averaging two weeks. The watch normally gets to New York in 3 to 4 days and sits in Customs for a week or longer. Bummer really
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Canada Customs can take a very long time to clear parcels. I've had packages sit for up to 2 weeks at customs. Have you tried entering the Royal Mail tracking number on the Canada Post website? If CP has updated properly, you should be able to track it, Having said that CP is very slow to update tracking for overseas shipments.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
realmccoy12406
Senior
Senior

Post by realmccoy12406 »

I have 3 on the way now and the waiting is painful I can attest. The C11 Extreme is much anticipated.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Any reason why they don't offer expedited shipping? I would be happy to pay up to £35.00 for 2-3 day delivery instead of the standard £12.00 international delivery that can take weeks.

I have ordered a watch from Germany and it took 2 days. It cleared customs before the cargo plane even landed in the US, according to the UPS website. :D
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by st-rider »

Wulf wrote:...It cleared customs before the cargo plane even landed in the US, according to the UPS website. :D
I believe some companies have custom clearance in the originating country. For people Aer Lings do custom checks in Ireland / Eire for USA flights. Saves a lot of time at jfk.
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
Farnorth
Junior
Junior

Post by Farnorth »

Well, just as I asked:
One item arrived but on the bill it said 147.00 pounds not dollars. I hope I was charged in dollars not pounds! (will check my card statement).
The other one arrived while I was out of the office so I'll have to pay taxes and duties today when the postman returns because the other office mates could not come up with the money!