albionprs
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1
LE-fourb: Yes
Location: West of Ireland with a real turf fire keeping us warm

Re: New sale

Post by albionprs »

Konketsu wrote:Well I'll be damned.. what initially was £1575 and then £995, I just ordered for £580 (no VAT for me!). There goes all my Christmas money. :D
What watch did you purchase my friend? Just being nosy after such a huge saving.
Life is always full of surprises
C60 - 300 Green, C65 Sandhurst; 1962 9ct Omega Auto; Tudor Black Bay GMT; Tag Heuer Monza; Omega Aqua Terra Blue; Rolex Explorer 114270
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

albionprs wrote:
Konketsu wrote:Well I'll be damned.. what initially was £1575 and then £995, I just ordered for £580 (no VAT for me!). There goes all my Christmas money. :D
What watch did you purchase my friend? Just being nosy after such a huge saving.
Got to be a Worldtimer. :D

You have to love the shoppers logic - comparing the full (vat included) price with the sale (vat excluded) price to maximise the saving. :lol:
Richard
Drthingy123

Post by Drthingy123 »

How often do things like this happen?
Konketsu
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Konketsu »

Correct downer, a C900 Worldtimer. It'll be my first JJ Calibre.

And yes, that seems perfectly logical to me (and the wife)! The real non-VAT price now would be £829 so x 0.70 = £580. But it seems much more in my mind since I've been looking at buying one from before it was released (which would've been £1275 non-VAT). The new strap sizes also swayed me as the standard length should fit me now, before there was only one length which was too long.

Now I have two boxes from CW incoming... FLE and Worldtimer. Happy happy happy. :-D
"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." - Sir Winston Churchill
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Congratulations Jeff, the Worldtimer is a beauty.