ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: Sudden timekeeping problems - Trident SH21

Post by ddav »

smegwina wrote:
ddav wrote:
robinbarke wrote:Since the op is sure that the watch has not been subjected to shock I hope that CW will pass this event back to the Swiss atelier in case there is a design or assembly fault with this movement which we are told will feature in many forthcoming releases.

Robin
Alternatively someone just threw the box around at the delivery office :D
I would agree, were it not for the fact that the OP says it was running fine for several months before the sudden loss if accuracy.

Alternatively, the OP may have not realised that he had given it a whack. I have had it before where a dink appears in the case, yet I would swear blind that I have not knocked it! - this is not uncommon.

Sent from my UMI eMAX using Tapatalk
Note to self...... READ all of the post.. :oops: :oops: :oops:
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
Ianmkirk
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Ianmkirk »

Thanks for all the input.

Yes - it is being fixed under warranty.

As for shock. My wife has been making fun of me just how precious I have been with this timepiece. To the point of me taking it off to shake a gym shaker drink as it seemed a bit rough having the rotor whizz round that much!!

It has been taken off before all sports. And is worn Monday to Friday for the drive to work, the day in the office in meetings and then the drive home. Back in a watch case overnight. You get the picture - it has an easy life.

I appreciate there are bound to be the odd thing here and there that you don't recall. But nothing I can recall so surely it must be minor if it has happened.

But my disappointment lies within the genre of watch it has occurred in. It's a sports watch. A rugged dive watch. The description for the watch provided by CWL even markets it as such - stating its huge depth rating and ceramic bezel ensures it will withstand any knocks it may get on the way down.....

As such - you can empathise with my disappointment when it appears that it has faltered over an unrecallable minor 'shock' incurred through 'boardroom admin'.

Would make me hugely uncomfortable relying upon it going forward for anything important such as actual diving. Which is a shame given the considerable price tag pod over and above the standard ETA version.

Or am I being too harsh?
Rolex 114060 (SubC ND)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I think you are being a bit harsh and to hard on yourself.

How would you handle that wonderful off road capable vehicle you babied for the first 6 months of ownership that broke down on the highway having never been off road. Would you now not trust it enough to do what it was designed for?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Ianmkirk
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Ianmkirk »

I see your point Kip - but to be fair, if I invested in something that should be able to do something to the extreme and it faultered soon after purchase when not even closely being taken to that extreme - then if I was honest - part of me will always be disappointed that it didn't quite fulfil the brief.

But with the watch I'm hoping it will come back , be fine and I would like to think that if it keeps time well over the next few months I will likely forget it ever had to go back in.
Rolex 114060 (SubC ND)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Ianmkirk wrote: But with the watch I'm hoping it will come back , be fine and I would like to think that if it keeps time well over the next few months I will likely forget it ever had to go back in.
This is what we are both hoping for. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
gatehealing
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Sudden timekeeping problems - Trident SH21

Post by gatehealing »

Kip wrote:I think you are being a bit harsh and to hard on yourself.

How would you handle that wonderful off road capable vehicle you babied for the first 6 months of ownership that broke down on the highway having never been off road. Would you now not trust it enough to do what it was designed for?
Odd as it may seem, my dad bought a Land Rover a few yrs ago as we have quite a bit of land deep in the NC Blue Ridge mountains--his primary home is near Raleigh (no off road use). When the suspension crapped out after 3 months, none of us would trust it riding around the side of a mountain with no paved roads. So, no, I would not trust an off road capable vehicle if it crapped out after a few months. Nor would I dive with a watch that had bezel problems, or that couldn't live up to the hype; the stakes are far too high in both cases.

Thankfully, I don't dive. My brother does, though.

Once fixed and proven over several months of lighter off roading (muddin'), I'd definitely trust it though. Hoping the repair holds.