Alternate strap choices for Midnight Blue Moonphase

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
fissionu235
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Alternate strap choices for Midnight Blue Moonphase

Post by fissionu235 »

I have loved the Midnight Blue Moonphase since the first images were released. I have to admit, I hate the strap choices and feel that an "Alligator" strap makes what could be a great casual watch more on the dressy side. I would like it to be casual......... any ideas out there on strap choices for the Moonphase ?
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Re: Alternate strap choices for Midnight Blue Moonphase

Post by gaf1958 »

I run counter to the prevailing tides on this question. I have always thought that a bracelet is dressier and that a leather strap, any leather, up to and including alligator is a less formal option. For casual you can go canvas, thick ammo style leather straps or (God forbid) a NATO. But then it was only about six or eight years ago that I would consider buying a watch that did not have a proper integrated bracelet, at least as an option.

In the more mainstream view, I would suggest a darkish brown leather strap of some sort.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

gaf1958 wrote:I run counter to the prevailing tides on this question. I have always thought that a bracelet is dressier and that a leather strap, any leather, up to and including alligator is a less formal option.
Yes I also find the same thing ironically - especially bracelets with polished center links will nicely dress up a watch more than the straps.
Inselaffen
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Inselaffen »

maybe something like a blue Brady Sailcloth would work well
Tony

Muhle Glashuute 29er Big, Eterna Kontiki Date, Bulova Man Utd, JR Terrascope, SARB065, C11MSL, C60, C70VW4, Visodate, Mercer Brigadier, Squale PanAm, Android DM200, Amphibia x 2, Kommandierskie, 2xGshock, Swatch Fun Scuba, Orient SunMoon
kokolino23
Junior
Junior

Post by kokolino23 »

CW has quite a few on sale at the moment so maybe you can find something to suite your taste.