Archive Event - Show us your watches!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
GINGER1974
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

Re: Archive Event - Show us your watches!

Post by GINGER1974 »

So it seems ages ago that I bought this but due to my holiday it has only just arrived. Please find some rough pictures below (stickers still in place as well). You won't be surprised to see that I've bought another C6 to join my tecnicoloured rainbow of other C6's! :lol:

Wera said she couldn't believe that this watch wasn't the first to sell! Glad it didn't as I grabbed her at the 11th hour.

Steve
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Nice pick up Steve ! :clap: 8)
Nothing like a colourful Kingfisher.
chevovish

Post by chevovish »

rcherryuk wrote:Attempt 2:

Rob
I REALLY like the white rubber strap.
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by MadJam250 »

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 30&alt=web

Here he goes again .. slight mark up this time, lol! (See eBay link above)
AliBar wrote:
MadJam250 wrote:At least the eBay prices aren't overly outrageou... so minimal profit. I have mixed views about this. To go along and wave cash and monopolise an auction must be very frustrating for other bidders, but as others have said it gives others, who couldn't attend, a chance to re-bid/buy.
If you are meaning "Mr Dream-Plates", then he only appears to have listed one watch on the back of the Archive Event. All of the other watches have been there for months with numerous relistings. He has presumably "monopolised" these from previous NN sales and, if you look at this E-bay sales history, he seems to be accumulating these bargains at a greater rate than he is selling them. No mixed views to be had... if he wants to play the second market then fair dues... from what I can see he's barely making a profit.
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Steinhart Titanium O1Ti500P
* Tissot Visodate heritage incoming
* Certina DS Podium chrono
* Seiko SARB033
* Smiths vintage mechanical WC4204/s
* Brathwait Classic Slim Steel
* Invicta 8924, 9094
Mr Kirk
Guru
Guru

Post by Mr Kirk »

The mark up on the c60 was about £150.
C5 Aviator Mk1 - Black - #1450
C5 Aviator Mk2 - Black - #0296
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by MadJam250 »

Yep. And on the C20. 100% mark up on the C4!
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Seiko SARB033
* Invicta 8924, 9094
AliBar
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by AliBar »

MadJam250 wrote:Yep. And on the C20. 100% mark up on the C4!
And the problem is.... ?

The guy (Dan) is presumably into these watches for business reasons and he ain't doing it for nothing.

The proof in the pudding for all sellers is whether they get a sale that meets their own margins. Will he sell at 100% mark up - who knows. If he doesn't, empathise with the time and capital he has tied up in trying to run a business. If he does, don't be envious, invest your own money and time and make the killing yourself. Welcome to capitalism :lol: :lol: .
Alastair.

Double Member of the C80 Owners Club
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by MadJam250 »

AliBar wrote:
MadJam250 wrote:Yep. And on the C20. 100% mark up on the C4!
And the problem is.... ?

The guy (Dan) is presumably into these watches for business reasons and he ain't doing it for nothing.

The proof in the pudding for all sellers is whether they get a sale that meets their own margins. Will he sell at 100% mark up - who knows. If he doesn't, empathise with the time and capital he has tied up in trying to run a business. If he does, don't be envious, invest your own money and time and make the killing yourself. Welcome to capitalism :lol: :lol: .
There's capitalism and there's taking the pi**. A decent profit (he says he makes about 10%) is fine, but selling a watch that is literally worth half of what some poor soul is going to be ripped off for just isn't cricket old bean. Think you will find others on here feel the same.
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Seiko SARB033
* Invicta 8924, 9094
Scrogg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Scrogg »

MadJam250 wrote:There's capitalism and there's taking the pi**. A decent profit (he says he makes about 10%) is fine, but selling a watch that is literally worth half of what some poor soul is going to be ripped off for just isn't cricket old bean. Think you will find others on here feeling the same.
Nobody is forced to buy the watches he sells.

If someone chooses to pay £295 for this particular watch they are doing so because they are happy it is good value. As with everything that has ever been, and will ever be, sold, it is worth what the buyer is prepared to pay for it.

Guess how much it matters how many on here feel the same way as you? Exactly the same as it matters how many don't. This is a forum, not the Watch Police. If you think this company is taking the **** don't buy anything from them. Simple.
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by MadJam250 »

Scrogg wrote:
MadJam250 wrote:There's capitalism and there's taking the pi**. A decent profit (he says he makes about 10%) is fine, but selling a watch that is literally worth half of what some poor soul is going to be ripped off for just isn't cricket old bean. Think you will find others on here feeling the same.
Nobody is forced to buy the watches he sells.

If someone chooses to pay £295 for this particular watch they are doing so because they are happy it is good value. As with everything that has ever been, and will ever be, sold, it is worth what the buyer is prepared to pay for it.

Guess how much it matters how many on here feel the same way as you? Exactly the same as it matters how many don't. This is a forum, not the Watch Police. If you think this company is taking the **** don't buy anything from them. Simple.
It is clear anyone buying these watches are not au fait with the brand. I have noticed that all of the CW watches he sells are no longer being produced so, in some instances, they could, one day, be a considerable investment (fine). No one au fait with the brand is going to pay these prices which leaves others, not so au fait, paying WAY over the odds, especially as they are unable to check a current web page to see how much they should be worth (cause they are no longer in print) ... sure, if they wish to pay that, then fine, but I can't help someone is laughing all the way to the bank here ... aka, greed. Sure, make a profit, but ripping people off isn't something to be proud of however 'capitalist' it may be. I understand business theory, supply and demand etc, but come on. If you yourself were stung would you laugh it off? No, methinks not. No, this is a forum for fair talk, laughs and being informative and helpful. I am pointing out that someone is ripping people off out there, that's all.
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Seiko SARB033
* Invicta 8924, 9094
Winnie Bloo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Winnie Bloo »

Archive Event - Show us your watches!

Thought this would be a nice "positive" thread, that's why I entitled it "show us your watches" .....oh hum :(

Wouldn't it be better to start a separate thread on the certain subject that seems to be being discussed? :thumbup:
Just a thought :silent: Probably wrong :lol:

I'll try again - SHOW US YOUR WATCHES............Please :D

If there's no more at the moment...fine, I'm sure more will be along soon, and I look forward, as no doubt others will,
to seeing the photos!! :D
The Ultimate Postman has delivered his last package.

Dave :wave:
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62

Post by PaulWB »

Winnie Bloo wrote:Archive Event - Show us your watches!

Thought this would be a nice "positive" thread, that's why I entitled it "show us your watches" .....oh hum :(

Wouldn't it be better to start a separate thread on the certain subject that seems to be being discussed? :thumbup:
Just a thought :silent: Probably wrong :lol:

I'll try again - SHOW US YOUR WATCHES............Please :D

If there's no more at the moment...fine, I'm sure more will be along soon, and I look forward, as no doubt others will,
to seeing the photos!! :D
That was what I hoped the thread would be for and I was looking forward to seeing some of the prototypes/oddities that I didn't get a chance to go along and see myself.

If only Wera could post details of the remaining watches that didn't sell.
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Wera's still on a well deserved holiday, isn't she?

Guy

sent from my Sony Xperia Z1
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Yes she is.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62

Post by PaulWB »

So when Wera returns we might get a chance to buy something interesting :D
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club