Tridents... inventory

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
joegrundy
Junior
Junior

Tridents... inventory

Post by joegrundy »

Sorry for a boring business-type question but... obviously a whole swathe of new white dialled Tridents have just been released and a look on the CW site now shows 209 variants under the "Trident Collection"! Isn't this going to present an inventory nightmare to CW?

Or maybe the merger with Synergies Horlogères means that if someone orders an unusual option (e.g. white face, 38mm, green bezel) it can quickly be assembled from mid-inventory (semi-finished components) rather than being shipped ex-stock?

If CW are going to keep stock of every version it will perhaps be an opportunity for buyers when deals come around to clear unsold inventory... assuming you want a white faced, 38mm, green bezelled Trident ;)
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Tridents... inventory

Post by gwells »

i think it's a far bigger problem for the potential buyer to navigate a site that shows 209 variations, the vast majority of which are just strap swaps. i find that fairly ridiculous from a UI perspective.

show the *watch* variants, then once you choose the watch head, choose the strap varieties to see and purchase from there. that seems far more logical and less burdensome for a user to navigate.
the "g" is for Greg...
joegrundy
Junior
Junior

Post by joegrundy »

Fair point gwells. In a similar vein I read a book called The Paradox of Choice by Barry Schwartz which makes the case that too much choice causes consumers stress and often makes them postpone (indefinitely) reaching a decision. Some people think this is why Aldi and LIdl are hammering Tescos at the moment.
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

gwells wrote:i think it's a far bigger problem for the potential buyer to navigate a site that shows 209 variations, the vast majority of which are just strap swaps. i find that fairly ridiculous from a UI perspective.

show the *watch* variants, then once you choose the watch head, choose the strap varieties to see and purchase from there. that seems far more logical and less burdensome for a user to navigate.
Exactly this. Also, actually show the watches with the alligator upgrade as the leather versions are not the same colors. The current system seems insanely cluttered to me and now with the white models is a headache to search.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I can't speak to the website setup, but I will tell you that the roll out of the new C60's has certainly been the most ambitious
for any model to date. It certainly does create an interesting bit of inventory tracking. Add to this the addition of small and long strap sizes and still someone will come along complaining they can't find the right combination. It has been a busy year so far at the towers.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
ronjohn
Senior
Senior

Post by ronjohn »

I'm struggling w/ the thought that 200+ variations are 'stocked or not'. The website, set up as it is, emphasizes your choices.

For the Trident DIver the variations are, case size, auto, COSC, or quartz, dial color, bezel insert color, and strap / bracelet. Switching a black strap to a brown one is a variation, but it's not very difficult to do. Frankly neither is changing a bezel insert.

Just my 2 cents. Many will disagree w/ me, but I doubt there are 200+ variations of Tridents sitting in a room somewhere.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

The C60 has 27 size/color case possibilities. Then you have all the strap options for each model.

These are all in stock and are tracked separately. When an order is placed the appropriate size case/color is pulled with the size strap requested and assembled at that time.

So yes.....all variations are in inventory. They are just not matched up until ordered.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.