Apologies for lack of decent posts from me

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
problem son
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 0

Apologies for lack of decent posts from me

Post by problem son »

Hi Guys and Gals. It is odd to be writing a message without having a specific watch topic in mind. However, I do have a question to ask fellow members. My cancer therapy begins on Tuesday, and I hope that it will not cause too much fatigue as I want to be able to keep posting and looking on the CW forum. Thank goodness it is radiotherapy, at least at this stage.

My problem with writing topics at the moment actually lies more in taking pictures rather than using the computer keyboard. Arthritis - the consultant has explained that a type of rheumatic genetically based arthritis is slowly crippling my dominant arm, wrist and hand, and I now have many days when using a camera is impossible. I do have days when the camera can be used and ironically, I purchased a Hewlett Packard E317, 5 megapixel camera, from a charity shop the other day for a fiver. It uses batteries rather than a charger and I have past experience of a very similar HP camera which, with only 4 megapixels, produced excellent pics. I am still managing to get about a bit locally even though the arthritis is progressing and I am in great need of a second hip replacement. In fact, I have been doing quite well on the pre-owned watch front and have bought some interesting examples. I am so looking forward to writing some interesting topics on the forum, and I have a few ideas.

And now to my question. Some time ago, I used to collect pocket knives, and I still pick up the odd example now and then. When I was collecting seriously, the place to go for serious general knife collectors was Heinnie Haynes, who sell brand new knives made by all the decent knife manufacturers and cater for all prices. When it comes to watches, I have more than a few times heard the name Creative Watches, as being the place to go if one is a collector buying a brand new watch. I would therefore appreciate some feedback on Creative Watches. Are they a reliable firm to deal with and do they carefully vet the models they sell \as being worthy in their eyes? Also could someone just confirm that the company website is creativewatches.co.uk.?

I will sign off now - today being a medium bad arm day - and apologise if I seem to be an inactive member. In fact, I do feel that if one joins a forum, one should try and be as active as possible on it, after all a forum is only as good as its members
chrisw
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Re: Apologies for lack of decent posts from me

Post by chrisw »

just a thought I am one winged so to speak and have bought my wife a tablet that will respond to speech commands which might be very helpful having used it it also produces excellent pics from its 8 mega pixel camera, im sure that others will chime in with other solutions. what i usually do is rig a camera on a tripod and use a self timer.
on the mega pixel front a 5 mega pixel camera will usually produce excellent pictures with usually less digital noise than say a 16 mega pixel camera due to the sensor size and cross talk across the cells.
regards chris.
C60 blue
C60 GMT mk2.
C8 mk2 vintage blk
C9 BDD
C15
C70 DType
C65 SWS
Bulova presisionist
Tag Carrera
Rado xeramo
Omega Seamaster
Garrad 9ct
GS SBGX 065
Rolex Datejust
Longine h flagship
Omega Deville coaixal 18ct
Tudor Oyster Royal
Seiko sarb 035
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Don't worry about regular posting. Your health is far more important.

We will be satisfied knowing that you are checking in and finding some satisfaction reading the forum. If you are able, you can give us an update once in awhile.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

Kip wrote:Don't worry about regular posting. Your health is far more important.

We will be satisfied knowing that you are checking in and finding some satisfaction reading the forum. If you are able, you can give us an update once in awhile.
+1

Many of us in this community read more than they post as well.

Wishing you complete success in your treatment.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
SimonB
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by SimonB »

Good luck with your treatment
C3 mk 2 white
C60 mk 3 40mm black
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Good luck with the treatment. Post as and when you can.

The difficulties that you have make your posts all the more impressive and appreciated!
Serlo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Serlo »

smegwina wrote:Good luck with the treatment. Post as and when you can.

The difficulties that you have make your posts all the more impressive and appreciated!
+1

Enjoy browsing the forum. Lengthy answers and posts are not necessary, nor do you have to feel obliged to post pictures, so just let as know that you're fine from time to time. :wave: is enough to let is know that you're all right!

As to your question: I have never heard of creative watches, but as I don't live in the UK you should wait for answers from the Brits. The only website I can open is creativewatch.co.uk and they're offering brands like Tissot, Citizen, Certina, Seiko and Accurist that have a fairly good reputation. I personally wouldn't go for the fashion brands (although I like Mondaine :D). So all in all a wide and varied range of watches.

All the best to you and lots of positive energy from Austria!
Andreas
problem son
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by problem son »

Many many thanks for the kind and thoughtful replies. It means a GREAT deal to me, and as I approach the cancer therapy and surgery for the arthritic joints, the CW Forum community becomes ever more important to me in a personal way.

Just a final note to chrisw for his suggestion to outwit the one-armed syndrome when taking photos. I shall look into this and other possibilities so that I can include some of my own watches on the forum when appropriate.

Thanks again everyone - I have a smile on my face as I write this.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Told you they were a nice bunch! Keep smiling, mon ami! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by tempusmaximus »

Good luck with the treament . You shouldn't worry about your post's , your more important , look after yourself :thumbup: .Look forward to reading your post's in the future :)
Bernie
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

tempusmaximus wrote:Good luck with the treament . You shouldn't worry about your post's , your more important , look after yourself :thumbup: .Look forward to reading your post's in the future :)
Couldn't put it any better than Bernie has said ;)