The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by atnits »

watchstudent wrote:Dreaming about blue Omega dive watches. Which one is your favourite from these? 8)

I prefer the original "Bond" watch. The lovely shape of the bezel, the wavy dial, the skeleton hands. Pity it "evolved" in some ways.
ChrisK
Senior
Senior

Post by ChrisK »

Copied photograph from 'downer's SOTC'. In my opinion the most complete watch.

Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Aifo wrote:DM, I hope you find the right JS and the fund for it. You introduced me (and guess a few of us) to this wonderful brand, and the Frisland God is my favorite in you collection.
Thanks Aifo, they are a great little family owned brand made of decent people. Its nice to have a brand you can fall for and talk to the guy who made your watch, watch him make it and have that same guy service it. There's some magic in that little shop.
scooter and Downer wrote:DM.

Wow!

Just checked and that was almost 3 years ago since you last went to Iceland (and we're not talking about the food chain store) and bought that lovely JS.

I will be looking forward to another great post detailing your visit to a place that I am sure very few of us have been to.

Have a great time.

scooter

Indeed, have a great time! If I was going to Iceland (and I would love to go one day), I think I would be obliged to return with a JS..

Enjoy your trip. :thumbup:
Bit of pressure there, the money's available but other expenditures are more necessary but I would like to do another report on the brand.
Sabbath wrote:
Dancematt wrote:Back to Iceland in a week :) so I might well get my Sif....but this is calling to me;

Only funding it might be an issue....and I'm enjoying not buying watches.

Just had a look at these and I love them, espeically the ones with the whiteface :clap:

Out if curiosity what sort of price would be expected for a 101 automatic 38mm?

Fantastic looking watches
the white one is an option, real blue flamed hands would be the way to go. Just love the white breguet hands matched with the white roman numerals. Looks more unique in the watch world. I'd say a 101 could be around 1.2k now with the SIF touching two grand. Got my frisland for a decent price due to currency fluctuations at the time, it has been priced at over 3k before they discontinued it for the engraved version.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
Sabbath
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Sabbath »

^^^ thanks DM.
Not cheap but not overly expensive either; I will certainly consider one of these down the line. Fair point on the black face / white hands: both are so nice. For me most of my watches are black which perhaps tells me something. I have bought and sold many watches over the past year and the black faced ones stay with me.
Enjoy your trip.
Mark
Mr TPG
Senior
Senior

Post by Mr TPG »

Still daydreaming about the Archimede Pilot 39 but with a Sinn 556i and 656 both of which are probably keepers I don't know if I can justify another Pilot...

Thinking of a Glycine Sub or Squale Root Beer for the future....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jon_Birch
Senior
Senior

Post by Jon_Birch »

ChrisK wrote:Copied photograph from 'downer's SOTC'. In my opinion the most complete watch.

I must admit, I've been dreaming about one of these all weekend. I love it.
C.Ward C60 Trident GMT 600
Autodromo Veloce Stainless Steel
Orient Black MAKO - CEM65001B
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Wis »

Bjørn
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Sabbath wrote:^^^ thanks DM.
Not cheap but not overly expensive either; I will certainly consider one of these down the line. Fair point on the black face / white hands: both are so nice. For me most of my watches are black which perhaps tells me something. I have bought and sold many watches over the past year and the black faced ones stay with me.
Enjoy your trip.
Most of my watches have black dials too. I find it rather annoying as I'd like more range in the collection but I just can't get on with bright colours :(
I miss all the great things that may never be.
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: The

Post by Hicksmat »

Mr TPG wrote:Still daydreaming about the Archimede Pilot 39 but with a Sinn 556i and 656 both of which are probably keepers I don't know if I can justify another Pilot...

Thinking of a Glycine Sub or Squale Root Beer for the future....

Which is considered the best sinn? I'm talking max budget £1.5k.
Mr TPG
Senior
Senior

Post by Mr TPG »

Hicksmat wrote: Which is considered the best sinn? I'm talking max budget £1.5k.
Well I'm probably not the person to ask as I have no watches above 40mm or £500!

But of the currently available models the 856 has that iconic dial and is a little over 1k new. The 556a is the cheaper little brother, but I think the dressier brushed finish works better with the 556i dial...

stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

downer wrote:
watchstudent wrote:
andyg wrote: The GMT PO is another beauty

too many choices, too little funds.... :thumbdown:
Yeah on second thoughts I don't think I would be happy with any of the other Omega GMTs when that one exists, beauty!
Love everything about that watch - apart from the size - 43.5mm x far too tall....
Earlier this year I set out determined to buy one of these but sadly downer is spot on....it wears just too damn high to go ahead with the purchase? Glad in the end as I ended up with my bbr
Cheers now, Paul
Leo David
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Leo David »

Anything cheap and cheerful from the Glashutte Original stable. Today my choice would be the Senator Sixties midnight blue. Tomorrow it'll be the Sixties Square Chrono and on Wednesday it'll be the Seventies Panorma.
Konketsu
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Konketsu »

One of these.. one day...

"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." - Sir Winston Churchill
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

^I like it too but how am I supposed to read the minutes (between 15 to 20) on the chrono in the overlapping portion(s) ??
Leo David wrote:Anything cheap and cheerful from the Glashutte Original stable. Today my choice would be the Senator Sixties midnight blue. Tomorrow it'll be the Sixties Square Chrono and on Wednesday it'll be the Seventies Panorma.
I will make that GO midnight blue Sixties my 3rd German, lets say, 3 years down the line ? :D
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

Distracted by the Stowa Flieger Chrono, and wondering whether to change my order for the 1938 chrono and get this one instead.
http://wornandwound.com/2011/10/03/watc ... er-chrono/