Trident bracelet query

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Trident bracelet query

Post by ItsAliveJim »

I had a very quick go at resizing the bracelet on my C60 tonight but would the pins budge? Er, no, they wouldn't.

It is standard pins isn't it? There are also no directional arrows so I assumed this meant it was good to punch out from either side. Am I missing something?

Starting to get annoyed with this one, but I so much want to love it because it looks so good :?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: Trident bracelet query

Post by downer »

It's a pin and collar system - like Omega.
Richard
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

downer wrote:It's a pin and collar system - like Omega.
Cheers Richard

The bracelet's on my Railmaster and SMP were a cinch to adjust though :?

I guess I just need to hammer harder but the kids are in bed so I'll have to wait until tomorrow, which won't work because they'll be all over me wanting to know what I'm doing with the hammer – they love it when daddy gets his hammer out because it usually means lots of swearing :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
huy
Junior
Junior

Post by huy »

I had a lot of trouble resizing my c61. If pulling it out from one side didn't work, try pulling it out from the other side instead. Usually the other side was much easier.
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

Best get shot of the kids then, coz lots and lots of swearing coming. :lol: being new pins and collars that haven't been removed before they are very tight mate. Long pin pushers are the key i think. With good pliers to pull and a kung fu grip will also help. And the pin your using to hammer needs to be thinner than the collar otherwise its trouble.

might i add, remove the bracelet and wear the watch on a leather or nato whilst you take care adjusting the bracelet to make things easier.

Good luck.
Graham
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

they love it when daddy gets his hammer out because it usually means lots of swearing
Well,..... the earplugs you will bung in their lugs tomorrow will prohibit that so why not go and bung 'em in now and deal with it forthwith, here, now, tonight ?? :lol: :lol:
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
chester
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 7

Post by chester »

I believe that a pin and collar system is used and the pins can be driven out either way. Even for a P&C system I have found CWs to be a bit of a pain.