C8 MkI Ebay

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

C8 MkI Ebay

Post by golfjunky »

Looking through watchroll i saw that a C8 MKI recently went for £367gbp but the last one of the forum sales corner was onlt £245, why the difference ?
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
PaulWB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 62
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: C8 MkI Ebay

Post by PaulWB »

In all honesty - people who sell on the forum try to sell at sensible prices (but anything goes on eBay).
C1, C2, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C11, W6, C7/C70, 2009 FLE, 2012 FLE Red, 2013 FLE, 2015 FLE, C9 JH2, C900 WT

Member CWL Double Figures Club
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

yup. sometimes people bid ridiculously on ebay. sometimes at the high end of ridiculous and sometimes you get a ridiculous bargain.
the "g" is for Greg...
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

People will sell lower on the forum as they don't have eBay fees to pay, more likely to be a hassle free transaction dealing with forum members, condition and age of the watch, boxes and papers, They may price it lower for a quick sale. Just look at any of The Laird's sales post and see how fast they sell.

Not everyone that likes CWL is on the forum but they may bid on eBay for a watch. The current price of the MkII is £450 but the MkI is discontinued so that makes it worth more for some people if they have been looking for it. Sometimes a watch person just comes across it and likes it even if they don't know CWL. And people can get carried away in the heat of an auction which is why it is advised that you put a limit on it and stick to it if you are bidding.

And timing is key. You can hit the right time when a lot of people are looking and so will bid the price up and sometimes it is quiet so the prices don't go so high.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I think most members try selling a CWL here first. Probably because a large group of members have, or want, more than one. Your issues selling here are limited exposure and possibly a temporary saturated market. Most watches listed here are at or below the fair market value and have had better care I think. Many will move to Ebay if a piece fails to sell here.

On Ebay you definitely have a larger market and possibly will garner a much higher price. The downside is that a lot of that exposure is to people that have yet to hear of the brand.

Timing is everything.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
rding
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by rding »

I have bid on a couple of CW watches recently on ebay but there seems to be a lot of competition for what i thought was a relatively unknown brand and i totally agree its easy to get carried away bidding thinking its only another tenner!