Steinhart Germany

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Watching
Junior
Junior

Re: Steinhart Germany

Post by Watching »

My experience of ordering direct from Steinhart was positive. Before ordering, Steinhart's website made it clear how long I'd have to wait; this proved to be an accurate estimate of the time to dispatch.

Steinhart is well known for taking around a week to respond to emails. After the traditional 7-8 day wait, Steinhart's always responded helpfully to me. I can live with the wait, as Steinhart isn't a big corporate.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

jvm32 wrote:Will do, got the email this morning confirming receipt of payment, so assuming the watch is currently in stock and the order isn't based on the watch still being produced, then the email said it should be here within 8-12 working days.
I got the same payment receipt email too.
jvm32
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by jvm32 »

I got confirmation of pastage this morning, fedex are saying it will be with me by Friday.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

jvm32 wrote:I got confirmation of pastage this morning, fedex are saying it will be with me by Friday.
Nothing for me still.
jvm32
Senior
Senior

Post by jvm32 »

That's it arrived, what a pain in the backside that was trying to re-size the bracelet though, don't think I'll be trying that again with screw links. Anyway, its now re-sized (could have done with another half link out but I just gave up at that point) and it's looking good.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

jvm32 wrote:That's it arrived, what a pain in the backside that was trying to re-size the bracelet though, don't think I'll be trying that again with screw links. Anyway, its now re-sized (could have done with another half link out but I just gave up at that point) and it's looking good.
Great, can't wait for pics. Mine hasn't shipped yet :(
jvm32
Senior
Senior

Post by jvm32 »

I'll put some pics up tomorrow.

Pretty poor about not having started the shipping process yet, maybe a gentle nudge by way of email might make the difference. Don't know if it was just a coincidence but I sent them a politely worded email just asking when they were planning on shipping the watch and the next day shipping confirmation came through, so might be worth a try, but probably just a coincidence.
De Sisti
Senior
Senior

Post by De Sisti »

Mine is at Stansted airport at the moment. It's due to arrive on Tuesday. I'll be at work, but will leave a note
for FedEx to drop off the parcel with a neighbour. I asked Steinhart to throw in a nato strap free of charge;
to which they have obliged. After the initial phase of wearing it with the bracelet, it'll look like this:

Aristo Vollmer Beobachter Automatic Chronometer
Rolex Explorer
Steinhart Ocean Military Vintage
Traser Automatic
Zeno Explorer
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

The strangest thing just happened. I did not get any reply to my email or tracking number from Steinhart but Fedex just showed up at my door with the watch. The watch was very well packaged and less than 2 weeks from order to delivery, beats the hell out of my Trident C60 order experience. Don't feel like taking off the plastic yet.

De Sisti
Senior
Senior

Post by De Sisti »

Watch arrived today. Removed three links from bracelet. Dead chuffed. :D
Aristo Vollmer Beobachter Automatic Chronometer
Rolex Explorer
Steinhart Ocean Military Vintage
Traser Automatic
Zeno Explorer