My sad (epic) tale with CW

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: My sad (epic) tale with CW

Post by Terminator 2 »

Matvei wrote:What the hell, nobody forces you to read the thread. A lock? That's ridiculous.

I just wanted to update the situation for those that cared and prospective buyers.
And how is a lock ridiculous ??? I did not say delete the thread. Deletion is censorship. To lock it means it is still here for those who want to read it. Yes nobody forces me or others to read the thread but every time you post it bangs up to the top of the list again rather than let it naturaly slip away. Your letter told us nothing new so I also do not see the point in regurgitating the topic. All through this Matvei I have agreed with you and I have sympathised but for me too it is now starting to get annoying. Yes CWL let you down but what else do you want them to do??? Do you want compensation ????

You even said at the end of your letter that you kindly posted
Matvei wrote: PS : correspondence with Wera Ward about this issue follows. "
How long is this saga to continue? You are getting a refund are you not so why is there a continuing issue that has to follow? A refund is as much as any supplier has to do to to redress the situation. Others including new members have posted about positive experiences since your soap opera started so where are their threads now ??? Is anyone banging them back up to the top of the list. I stand by my comment to lock this thread. It is simply decent moderation of a forum rather than censorship. Yes I sympathised with you but that sympathy is now starting to wear thin because you are now starting to appear to be one of these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Feel free to read it. If it is not your intention to appear to be the above then might I suggest you now keep any future discussions with Wera to yourself. If I was Wera though I would return you your money and cease any further conversation. Enough already.
Matvei
Senior
Senior

Post by Matvei »

Terminator 2 wrote:
Matvei wrote:What the hell, nobody forces you to read the thread. A lock? That's ridiculous.

I just wanted to update the situation for those that cared and prospective buyers.
And how is a lock ridiculous ??? I did not say delete the thread. Deletion is censorship. To lock it means it is still here for those who want to read it. Yes nobody forces me or others to read the thread but every time you post it bangs up to the top of the list again rather than let it naturaly slip away. Your letter told us nothing new so I also do not see the point in regurgitating the topic. All through this Matvei I have agreed with you and I have sympathised but for me too it is now starting to get annoying. Yes CWL let you down but what else do you want them to do??? Do you want compensation ????

You even said at the end of your letter that you kindly posted
Matvei wrote: PS : correspondence with Wera Ward about this issue follows. "
How long is this saga to continue? You are getting a refund are you not so why is there a continuing issue that has to follow? A refund is as much as any supplier has to do to to redress the situation. Others including new members have posted about positive experiences since your soap opera started so where are their threads now ??? Is anyone banging them back up to the top of the list. I stand by my comment to lock this thread. It is simply decent moderation of a forum rather than censorship. Yes I sympathised with you but that sympathy is now starting to wear thin because you are now starting to appear to be one of these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

Feel free to read it. If it is not your intention to appear to be the above then might I suggest you now keep any future discussions with Wera to yourself. If I was Wera though I would return you your money and cease any further conversation. Enough already.
Aw geez.

That PS was from the letter, because all the emails about the issue were inside the box I sent (as is requested). It's not about putting it up here on the forum.

I'm not hammering the issue more than it needs. I just updated the situation I had written about a few weeks ago. Is it better that I let the story end without a resolution? If that was done it could mean anything, that they refused the refund or reacted any any other way. I think it is fair to let people know I eventually will get a refund, which is an adequate way to deal with this from CW's end. I'm not asking for anymore compensation.

My sole goal about this is letting people know of my experience in its entirety. They then can do what they please with this info. Like I said, as a buyer I want to know about these issues. Sharing info about this topic got us to know about the undecorated selitta issue that was never announced in any way. It made me aware of people having regulation issues like mine, missing screws, that shed light on my understanding of all this. Look at the other thread right now about some buyer(s?) getting undecorated Valjoux movement, isn't it useful to see that one of the problems I faced is also present in the new chronos? That people comparing watches will lead to knowing what there is to know about this. At that point people will draw their own conclusions, owners and prospective buyers. Sure some won't care, but the info will be there.

If all you want from this forum is a circle jerk I don't know how that is anyway useful or something I'd want to participate in. Raving about new or current products is all well and good, but getting info about QC issues is worth a lot more to me.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Matvei wrote:........getting info about QC issues is worth a lot more to me.
We've had more info about your QC issues than we can shake a stick at!!!!!!!!

You are not posting anything new, so why keep on about it?

It's not going to change. You will never want another CW product. CW will not be able to make it up to you any more than they have already. There is no new information.

End of story.
Richard
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Terminator 2 »

Matvei wrote:If all you want from this forum is a circle jerk I don't know how that is anyway useful or something I'd want to participate in. Raving about new or current products is all well and good, but getting info about QC issues is worth a lot more to me.
Matvei there is now a major difference between other topics and this one. If someone has only good things to say about CWL then thats fine. They post their experience and everyone reads it and after a day or two the thread burns out and we all move on. If someone has a bad experience then I agree 100% that they too should also have their say. It too though should be allowed to burn itself out. That way new visitors can trawl through as many comments as possible to form a balanced opinion of what CWL really delivers. If there are far more positive posts than there are negative ones then that means that in the main CWL are getting it right. If it swings the other way then they will be getting it wrong for all the world to see. That way the buyer can decide based on what they see for themselves. The fundamental difference with this thread is that it is now 3 weeks old. For 3 weeks it has been geting regurgitated right back to the top. It started out constructive but now it is just the retelling of an old story. If you think the fact that this thread is still getting "boosted" at the top after 3 weeks is a fair and balanced representation of CWL then I will stand corrected. However it is not now fair and balanced. I would feel the same annoyance with someone who sung nothing but praise if they kept boosting the same topic back up to the top for 3 weeks. There comes a time when a topic needs to die and for this topic that time is now. When you finally get your refund if that makes you happy then start a new topic. This one has now had its day.

Kip or Hans. Would you kindly lock this down now so we can all move on.
Matvei
Senior
Senior

Post by Matvei »

Terminator 2 wrote:
Matvei wrote:If all you want from this forum is a circle jerk I don't know how that is anyway useful or something I'd want to participate in. Raving about new or current products is all well and good, but getting info about QC issues is worth a lot more to me.
Matvei there is now a major difference between other topics and this one. If someone has only good things to say about CWL then thats fine. They post their experience and everyone reads it and after a day or two the thread burns out and we all move on. If someone has a bad experience then I agree 100% that they too should also have their say. It too though should be allowed to burn itself out. That way new visitors can trawl through as many comments as possible to form a balanced opinion of what CWL really delivers. If there are far more positive posts than there are negative ones then that means that in the main CWL are getting it right. If it swings the other way then they will be getting it wrong for all the world to see. That way the buyer can decide based on what they see for themselves. The fundamental difference with this thread is that it is now 3 weeks old. For 3 weeks it has been geting regurgitated right back to the top. It started out constructive but now it is just the retelling of an old story. If you think the fact that this thread is still getting "boosted" at the top after 3 weeks is a fair and balanced representation of CWL then I will stand corrected. However it is not now fair and balanced. I would feel the same annoyance with someone who sung nothing but praise if they kept boosting the same topic back up to the top for 3 weeks. There comes a time when a topic needs to die and for this topic that time is now. When you finally get your refund if that makes you happy then start a new topic. This one has now had its day.

Kip or Hans. Would you kindly lock this down now so we can all move on.
Start a new topic when I get the refund? That would be dumb, no? The whole story needs to be in one place. I didn't bump the tread with no new info, I bumped it because I had chosen to take the refund and that was part of the story.

I sat on this story for a real long while before airing it because I wanted to let them deal with it. I still haven't written about it at other forums I frequent because I want to tell them about a "closed" story. I have been really nice about all this. If I could update the thread without bumping it I would. I don't think editing the first post would be right.
Terminator 2
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by Terminator 2 »

Matvei are you getting a refund ??? If so then this story IS closed.

:roll:
Matvei
Senior
Senior

Post by Matvei »

That's why I updated! Geez...
Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Post by Hans »

I agree, this post has become 5 pages long, and if I don't put a lock on it the discussion will certainly continue in a negative spiral.. Points have been made over and over again, so let's move on...