C61 for women ?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
quaman26
Senior
Senior

C61 for women ?

Post by quaman26 »

Hi all. What is the smallest wrist a C61 can fit ? My wife wants a dive watch but she only has a 5-3/4 inch wrist size. She likes the orange C61 but is worried that it would be too big for her. Anyone have experience with women wearing a C61 ? Any advise is welcome. Thank you!
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: C61 for women ?

Post by Tyke »

Shouldn't she be looking at the W61's as they supposedly have straps suitable for smaller wrists?
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Hard to say as it depends on whether she has round or flat wrists. But that is what the 60 day return is for. You can get it and try it and if it is too big then send it back. You may also want to see if you can get hold of the Coral which looks like a five watch but is smaller than the W61
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
quaman26
Senior
Senior

Post by quaman26 »

Thanks ! I guess we can try the W61. Reason mainly we want the Trident is that we want a "his and hers" pair and we want automatic watches.
gbbird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by gbbird »

As said above, I would buy one and try it out under the 60/60 guarantee. The c60 is a great comfortable watch to wear and I have small wrists by men's standards, so i'm hoping the same can be said of the 61.

I will be getting my wife a w61 later this year, Probably the same colour as you.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

CW - C60 blue, C60 black orange, C600 tit, FLE13
Gerlach - Orp Sokol, P50, LuxSport. Ball Engineer
Omega Speedmaster. Oris Aquis
Longines Hydroconquest
Magrette - Regattare, DualTime, Moana
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

I have 15.5cm wrists. That's about 6.1 inches.

On the W61 with the shorter straps, I think I'm not on the last hole, meaning there might still be one or two more holes to cinch the strap smaller.

I can't recall offhand because my W61 has been on shark mesh strap for some time.

The W61 looked great on the black leather strap that came with the watch but I didn't like the deployant clasp. When you have to use the innermost holes because you have small wrists, the clasp becomes off-centre on the underside of your wrist and it's not very comfortable.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen