New arrival, C9 Harrison Blue

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Re: New arrival, C9 Harrison Blue

Post by gaf1958 »

I like it, I'm hoping that when mine finally arrives down under it will look as good on the Hirsch twin roll navy croc strap I have set aside for it...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
7ee
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by 7ee »

Another photo on the original blue strap(which by the way is HUGE, carefully slid it up to the last hole and not even close, would probably need to make an additional two holes, which is strange as my C9 JH strap is fine on the last hole).

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Hi guys, I've got a Hirsch Grand Duke in dark blue with light(er) bluer stiching as here;- http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/collect ... strap-blue for my silver faced C9 Chrono; with the blue toning nicely with the blue chrono hands.

You might find the darker blue tones better with your bright blue face as IMHO the CWL strap is too blue.

Here's a pic to help

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
7ee
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by 7ee »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:Hi guys, I've got a Hirsch Grand Duke in dark blue with light(er) bluer stiching as here;- http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/collect ... strap-blue for my silver faced C9 Chrono; with the blue toning nicely with the blue chrono hands.

You might find the darker blue tones better with your bright blue face as IMHO the CWL strap is too blue.

Here's a pic to help

Guy
That is nicer, perfect balance for your watch there! Surprisingly my wife preferred the blue strap, but I suggested last night that if I am to keep it, the compromise would be a black leather with dark blue stitching(agree with blue strap is too much), similar to what you've shown above.

I think there are a few in the new Hirsch range, awaiting the new catalogue at work. I always feel the Grand Dukes are a little stiff which aren't ideal on a skinny wrist(they don't curve as well, I prefer the softer leather of the likes of the Liberty etc.).