New sales-corner rule

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Re: New sales-corner rule

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

A sad day, can you even delete your own account?
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by teestech »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:That is indeed a shame. The guy says what he thinks, and with considerably better verbal economy than most!
+1 to that. One of the true forum characters, and a name you look out for and look forward to discussions from. Still hope that it's a system fault???
Chr Ward • Rolex • Oris • Magrette • Orient • Helgray • Citizen • CWC • Momentum • Suunto • Rotary • Majex • Yema
Handwound: 2 • Automatic: 15 • Quartz: 6
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

By his own request, I am sad to say that Highway62 has left the building. :(
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

Highway62 hit the highway. Wow. We need another contrarian.
Mark78
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Mark78 »

theaub wrote:We need another contrarian.
No we don't.
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Hicksmat »

Paul Drawmer wrote:I've been a member of TZ-UK for over 4 years, and still haven't posted enough to see sales!
Mind you, I haven't been banned either, so I can't have posted much.
I've been banned on there.... meh!
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by paw3001 »

Kip wrote:By his own request, I am sad to say that Highway62 has left the building. :(
What again?

No doubt he will be back in a few months as Highway 63. Think he started on 59!

Bloody children!
Watches - Too many but not enough!
bitfield

Post by bitfield »

Of course anyone can run their own forum however they want. If you don't like the rules, use another forum.

However, the rules don't seem quite consistent yet. For example, I have subscribed to the sales forum. Consequently I am getting emails notifying me about new posts - but when I click the link in the email, I can't see the post! I shouldn't get notifications about a post I'm not allowed to read, should I?
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I suspect you are using Tap a Talk with which we have a technical issue that has yet to be corrected.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Peacefrog
Senior
Senior

Post by Peacefrog »

IanK wrote:I suspect a lot of people are like me who enjoy the extra dimension that the forum brings but may not necessarily be that chatty.
I agree.
paw3001
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by paw3001 »

30 posts is not classed as chatty on here, believe me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Watches - Too many but not enough!
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by akirk »

Peacefrog wrote:
IanK wrote:I suspect a lot of people are like me who enjoy the extra dimension that the forum brings but may not necessarily be that chatty.
I agree.
but relationships and communities are two-way...
if you feel that you don't wish to put anything into a community like this you don't need to even register you can just read the posts... however to be a part of the community means contributing as well - so that others know something about you - so that it is not one-sided...

and the sale corner - as has been explained many times above is about people knowing each other to give trust and confidence - it has to involve two-way communication - so maybe for those who wish to use it - they need to get chatty?! :)

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
jw81
Junior
Junior

Post by jw81 »

I agree with you alisdair. But as you can see i'm down 28 posts to see the sales corner.

Over three years ago i registered on this forum. 3 years after my first CW watch buy. But mostly reading and not posting.
But that doesn't mean i'm here to scam anyone or sell my CW wath. On the contrary. I would like to purchase.

After enjoying it for several years i want too purchase another watch from CW. I'm not a watch enthousiast but more a CW enthousiast. But the funds are lacking now so i'm destined to purchase a second hand. Try buying a second hand watch from ebay UK. All the sellers are reluctant to ship to the netherlands. I really don't know why that is. I have bought cd players, speakers and other audio equipment from the UK and shipping was no problem.

So when you can't get access to the sales corner for buying instead of selling it's damn hard to buy a second hand CW in the netherlands. And when someone sells his watch and you never see him on the forum again that's no problem in my opnion.

The buyer maybe had a sweet deal and there is no pollution on the forum. Everybody happy.
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by akirk »

nothing unreasonable in that - but while you probably feel after three years that you know folks / who to trust / who you would buy from / etc. - you haven't given that to other members of the community who won't know you... so why would they wish to sell to someone they don't know? Ultimately the forum isn't a shop to buy / sell watches - it is a community of people...

you might find though that if you contact sellers by message and explain how to send to the netherlands they might be happy to do that...

however you might even find prices in the current CWL sale even cheaper (see other thread)...

otherwise, simply come and join in and you will soon be able to see the sales corner...

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
jw81
Junior
Junior

Post by jw81 »

I understand your point. But when you sell through ebay you most likely sell to people you haven't met or know.
So there is no trust that's why men created paypal.:-) For safe payments/purchase.

Your opinion about a forum i fully support. I will try to be more active on the forum. From own experience, i know,that nothing can be as annoying as posting bs posts to get a quota. I will do my best. And till then hope to score a CW on ebay.