Radar broken

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Radar broken

Post by Alex r »

Kip wrote:if you keep looking and hanging around here, it is inevitable that something will catch your eye. :D
Thanks Kip that's the plan.
My last watch was an impulse buy and apart from been a quartz it and filled the holes in my collection with size look and complication.
just need something to catch my eye and here is probably the best place to find it :thumbup:
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

It's just a phase. :-)

Enjoy the peace and quiet for now, and build up your savings.

I'm happily enjoying my watches and not looking for anything. I have no doubt that something will catch my eye sooner or later but I'm not actively seeking it out.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Lego
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lego »

Narrowed mine down to 2 very different pieces but I have other things to pay for first....but, then again I may just bite the bullet and go for it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

I have not purchased a single watch this year, perhaps this disease is spreading liker Asian flu. There is nothing in the CW collection that interests me at all, couple of Steinharts I quite like but think my trigger finger must be broken as well!
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

You know when you come home from the supermarket, and unpack the bags, and you find that you bought exactly the same 27 items that you buy every single week? I think this may be one of the factors in what I might call collection fatigue. I adore my little old gold vintage dress watches, but I also know that I now have enough of them. Other people have large collections of dark divers, dark collections of large Fliegers, boxes of colourful chronographs, etc. Maybe some of us need to diversify a little (and I'm including myself in this). Perhaps going for something radically different will give your collection a bit of a filip, restore your Mojo so to speak!
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

i think variety is important. i do have several divers, but i think they're all different enough to justify it. the two less expensive watches on my wish list (relatively) are brass and/or kitchy. the "grailish" watch would be vintage and different than my other two vintage.
the "g" is for Greg...
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:You know when you come home from the supermarket, and unpack the bags, and you find that you bought exactly the same 27 items that you buy every single week? I think this may be one of the factors in what I might call collection fatigue. I adore my little old gold vintage dress watches, but I also know that I now have enough of them. Other people have large collections of dark divers, dark collections of large Fliegers, boxes of colourful chronographs, etc. Maybe some of us need to diversify a little (and I'm including myself in this). Perhaps going for something radically different will give your collection a bit of a filip, restore your Mojo so to speak!
I was in those shoes a year or so ago. The thing was I knew I needed more diversity so my radar worked fine. Now I have that diversity, done the few grails I wanted, owned a lot and sold more there is not much left. I find myself off loading and not replacing. Its almost closing time perhaps.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

Well, having spent about a month gorging myself in the sweetie shop :lol: :lol: my present slowing down is an only natural process involving pausing to draw breath, reflect on the, ahem, investments I've made and try not to flip back those which actually don't warm my cockles.
There are a tiny number of CW which I'm pretty sure I wouldn't miss together with a slightly larger number of Other Makes. Given that I'm still kidding myself that I'm hopeful of turning a tiny profit in say twelve months' time, I can't decide whether flipping back - here or EBay - is a good thing, or whether I just box 'em up again and put them at the back.
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Alex r »

Glad i'm not the only one who is uninspired at the moment.
Seems to be a lot of company's trying to look the same at the moment. A bit like a lot of new cars take the badges off and you would struggle to guess the make.