One amazing vs many nice

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Re: One amazing vs many nice

Post by welshlad »

But which IWC did you get? And where are the pictures?!
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

i think i find it much easier to say, "quality over quantity" than to say, "one amazing vs many nice."

it's that word "one" that gets me.
the "g" is for Greg...
diver69
Senior
Senior

Post by diver69 »

Hi welshlad,

Sorry - I haven't taken any pictures yet, and its been so long since I posted pictures on a forum that even if I had any it would take me an age to figure out how to post them! So you will have to do with the first youtube clip that matches!

It's not my youtube clip..................Interesting building site noises in the background - but you get the picture (dreadful pun 8) )

Diver

Omega Seamaster
Tag Heuer Formula 1
IWC Aquatimer 2000
CW C600
Bernhardt Seashark
Bernhardt Officer
diver69
Senior
Senior

Post by diver69 »

i think i find it much easier to say, "quality over quantity" than to say, "one amazing vs many nice."

Agreed. I will never be a one watch guy.
Diver

Omega Seamaster
Tag Heuer Formula 1
IWC Aquatimer 2000
CW C600
Bernhardt Seashark
Bernhardt Officer
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Ahhh, the Aquatimer....lovely! :thumbup:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

The Aquatimer, a lot of wrist presence. Enjoy. :thumbup:
AMCman10
Junior
Junior

Post by AMCman10 »

I've been trying to sell off some watches and save money to have a piece from one specific watchmaker (my true grail). I find that I go back and forth on having multiple very nice watches or varying styles, or having one exceptionally nice watch (though it still wouldn't be my ONLY watch, just no other mid-high end watches). I tend to thing that, if I have a few very nice pieces, and the "one" becomes available, I can just sell them and scoop up the grail.
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

ianblyth wrote:I think the key is "amazing". I have bought Breitlings and Omegas, had a hard look at Rolex and been amazed by the price of IWC and Philip Patek watches that I have seen in ADs. While they are nice they did not come across as amazing. In fact I get more joy out of some of my cheaper watches rather than the more expensive ones. Once you get past the "one watch for telling the time" then you are into likes and preferences which can change over time. I have heard many a story about people hunting grails only to be dissatisfied when they got the grail as part of the fun was in the chase. Whether to go for one or many is a choice that is personal to everyone. And over time that may change.
Couldn't have said it better myself however it's great to get a grail every now and again otherwise you'll never know how you feel about it. Cheaper watches are more fun as are vintage but grails are special so a mix is ideal.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
holyk
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by holyk »

gwells wrote:i think i find it much easier to say, "quality over quantity" than to say, "one amazing vs many nice."

I initially wanted to put quality over quantity but seeing a number of SOTC posts here is seems that many members have quality in quantity. So I framed it this way to portray more of a grail quality to that one amazing watch.