Another C2 Review

Documentation and CW-related information
officerdibble

Another C2 Review

Post by officerdibble »

No, you're not seeing double, I thought you might be interested in a longer review I wrote about buying a CWL watch for my consumer behaviour website.

In addition to reporting on some of the latest consumer behaviour research I also started writing the occasional review of retailers for my E-zine. It turned out that I got more feedback for the reviews than for the other stuff - oh well!

Since many of my readers are internet marketers I thought my CWL experience might be of interest, so there's a review up on the site.

For now it's under the Latest Articles on the home page at http://www.philipgraves.net called "The Names Not Bond".

Phil
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Another C2 Review

Post by village »

Evening Phil..
Nice,easy read :up: ...but you could have warned us about the photograph!
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I agree with village...nice easy read. I would have included a photo of the watch, but I guess that would be promoting another product on your site. The site is good too..thanks for the look.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

Hey Phil........nice little read there :)

I had no idea of your 'double life' while you were living down our way?!! :ka: lol......just goes to show eh? :wink:

Glad your enjoying your watch :D
John
El Tiempo
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by El Tiempo »

I thought the article was quite good. Some solid advice concerning the photography on the CWL website. I visited the Lum-Tec site after reading the thread in the Other Brands forum. They do a bit of association photography and it does seem to increase appeal. It has to be the right kind of association though. You just can't put a watch in some snow and have it work as well as putting a pilot's watch on a pilot's wrist while at the controls of a fighter or other military setting. CW does use some association with background images but it might not have the same effect.
Ratesunion

Post by Ratesunion »

I agree with you. I thought the article was quite good. They do a bit of association photography and it does seem to increase appeal.
sonofcantona
Scrabble King
Scrabble King
CW-watches: 0

Post by sonofcantona »

Great review. I agree with officerdibble about pictures being on a black background.
When I first saw the C40 on the website I thought it looked a bit "bling" and was unsure whether to part with my £ 500 squid. The clincher however was when I received the email from CW on launch, on this the watch was set to a black back ground.....at which point I said to myself...Wow I am having some of that. I then ordered.......incidentlty to continue the theme on the review, my serial number will be 007.
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Lamps »

Wow, missed this one back in Feb, a very interesting read. And a good plug for OfficerDibble, I might buy one of his books, wonder if he'll give me a discount? :)