Custom Rose Gold Deployant Buckle

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
Hoss Coog
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 2

Custom Rose Gold Deployant Buckle

Post by Hoss Coog »

I really prefer a deployant buckle over the standard type not only because I find them more comfortable, but they prolong the life of the strap. The strap on my Zenith is the nicest OEM strap I've ever had on a watch and after wearing it twice with the pin buckle, I set out to see if I could find a solid rose gold deployant.

I found Igor at A Fine Watch http://www.afinewatch.com/BucklesDeployants.html and had him build my deployant. He will do an all gold one or one that's a combination of stainless steel and gold if you want to save a few bucks. Since mine needed to be rose gold in order to match my watch, he suggested that I send him my buckle so he could be sure of the match. So I sent it off to Las Vegas and about 10 days later, I received my matching 18k rose gold deployant. It's a perfect match.

Not only is Igor a goldsmith, he's also a watchmaker and has watches listed on his site as well. He was super patient, answered all of my questions, and was great to do business with. Deployant pricing isn't static as it follows gold prices, so you'll have to get a price from Igor shortly before you're ready for him to build yours.

Pictures:

CWL SP & JH | Rpaige Waltham | Zenith Striking 10th | Tag Heuer Monza Cal36, Monaco Cal11 & Kirium | Omega Speedmaster & Seamaster 300M | Seiko Alpinist & Elegant | 1946 Vacheron & Constantin | Glashutte Senator Chronometer
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Re: Custom Rose Gold Deployant Buckle

Post by ianblyth »

If you can afford solid rose gold then that is nice. For me I have used this guy for my rose gold bits. A lot cheaper.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/GoodCheapMan-W ... =483248113
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Hoss Coog
Expert
Expert

Post by Hoss Coog »

The 18K gold and stainless steel deployant is 40% of the cost of the 100% 18K version and is a good compromise as solid rose gold is visible while the stainless steel is hidden by the strap.

CWL SP & JH | Rpaige Waltham | Zenith Striking 10th | Tag Heuer Monza Cal36, Monaco Cal11 & Kirium | Omega Speedmaster & Seamaster 300M | Seiko Alpinist & Elegant | 1946 Vacheron & Constantin | Glashutte Senator Chronometer
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Isn't it great that places/people like this still exist?

That someone still possesses the skills and will make the deployant to your specification, and that you can see his work across the internet is a wonder of the modern age.
Richard
Hoss Coog
Expert
Expert

Post by Hoss Coog »

downer wrote:Isn't it great that places/people like this still exist?

That someone still possesses the skills and will make the deployant to your specification, and that you can see his work across the internet is a wonder of the modern age.
Yes, it is great and he's trustworthy too. I'd never met him, only communicated via email, sent him my buckle and a money order for the deployment. You'll see on his site how he makes the deployment and it's an interesting "by hand" process.

If I'm lucky enough to have another gold watch, I'll be reaching back out to Igor for another deployant. I almost went with the gold/stainless combo, but gold prices have come down and I splurged for my Zenith. He also sells watches, so I'm going to keep my eye on his site for a nice vintage piece in the future.