Stowa Flieger Review

A place to discuss other watch-brands
AdamRobinson1982
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: Stowa Flieger Review

Post by AdamRobinson1982 »

I recommended steinhart to a friend who used to wear an IWC and he was over the moon with his watch. Couldn't understand the price differences involved and actually got rid if the iwc and kept the steinhart. Spend the balance on a holiday!
holyk
Guru
Guru

Post by holyk »

ArmyMedicDad wrote:I've been shopping for a B-Uhr for the last month or so. While Stowa seems nice, their price is more than I want to spend. Plus, as of right now, neither the Stowa A or B model is available until April or July (depends on which version of ETA 2824-2 you want to order).

So I started looking at the Laco and Steinhart. While Laco holds the historical edge, I've decided on the Steinhart. Just waiting for them to get into their new building (orders should be ready to go by Monday).
Yeah between the Miyota Lacos and the Steinharts I'd go for the Steinhart as well. The ETA Lacos are even more expensive than the Stowas.
Drmarkf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Drmarkf »

highway62 wrote:The stowa is too small to have the authentic flieger feel.
So this isn't an authentic flieger?

You jest, Sir!

(OK it's not a recreation of a WWI converted pocket watch, but that's like saying a 1950s Squale isn't a proper diver because it doesn't look like a Sub!)
Regards,
Mark

Rolex [4] : Omega [2] : Heuer [3] : Sinn : Nomos : Zeno : Steinhart : Citizen : Traser : Casio : Smiths/PRS
holyk
Guru
Guru

Post by holyk »

Drmarkf wrote:
highway62 wrote:The stowa is too small to have the authentic flieger feel.
So this isn't an authentic flieger?

You jest, Sir!

(OK it's not a recreation of a WWI converted pocket watch, but that's like saying a 1950s Squale isn't a proper diver because it doesn't look like a Sub!)
Well I'd say that an authentic flieger wouldn't have a date function but that's just me.

This is an authentic IWC B-Uhren