C3 Malvern Chronograph problems?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
PaulMooresey

C3 Malvern Chronograph problems?

Post by PaulMooresey »

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased a C3 Malvern Chronograph and wonder if anyone can help.

When activating the Chronograph, the 1/10th dial does not move and does not quite sit at the 12 O' clock point (it sits just a fraction before the mark or just after). I have tried resetting the Chronograph function but has not made any difference.

Any one have any advice or is the watch faulty?

Regards
Yoda
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: C3 Malvern Chronograph problems?

Post by Yoda »

You need to contact CWL.
Indigo fugit

Yoda, bringing light to the dark side.
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2
LE-two: yes

Post by Lamps »

does it move was you stop the chrono or not?
northnb

Post by northnb »

I'm also having the same problem. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
PaulMooresey

Post by PaulMooresey »

The 1/10th dial does not move as described in the booklet.

If you keep the stopwatch on for half hour or so, the 1/10th dial moves forward one notch, but this is not what a 1/10th dial is for.

I am waiting for a call back from "Deb" at CW. Wera has promised me she will call... but that was last Wednesday. Wera said they are very busy due to the sale.

I am also waiting for a replacement "authenticity" certificate as the SN should have been 2564 but shows as 256.....

At this rate the watch will be returned under the 60-60 ! :(
DannyO
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by DannyO »

PaulMooresey wrote:The 1/10th dial does not move as described in the booklet.

If you keep the stopwatch on for half hour or so, the 1/10th dial moves forward one notch, but this is not what a 1/10th dial is for.

I am waiting for a call back from "Deb" at CW. Wera has promised me she will call... but that was last Wednesday. Wera said they are very busy due to the sale.

I am also waiting for a replacement "authenticity" certificate as the SN should have been 2564 but shows as 256.....

At this rate the watch will be returned under the 60-60 ! :(

Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

I have bought 4 CWs direct from the company and one on ebay.

I got the CW on ebay for my father-in-law. CW (Wera) were really lovely about transferring the guarantee for me. Most companies would be snotty about things from the Bay.

Within a few days it stopped. I didn't know if it was battery or something else.

I asked CW for advice and they had it back and had it looked at by a technician, replaced the battery free of charge and put a link in too, free of charge, and got it back to me within 5 days with a weekend in between (so in 3 working days)!

When a company cares about its customers and its products whether they are new or second hand you know they really mean it when they say that they take customer service seriously. It makes me feel pretty loyal to CW as a company. If CW are ever a little slower on things it's because so many people are impressed with their products and they want to give everyone the sort of service that can only be given by people taking a little time. I suppose that the sale has taken a lot of time and they might be behind a bit? Bear with them...it will definitely be sorted out! (you could give them another call?)

Dan
C3SWT, C4CF18, C40IPK, C5AKS, C7STS, C8IPK
PaulMooresey

Post by PaulMooresey »

Cheers Dan,

Am sure you are right and I do have 60 days to send back or 5 yrs for a repair!

If its defective, then I would sooner know now so can get back and repaired.

Regards
PaulMooresey

Post by PaulMooresey »

Have now had email from CW,

Answer is to send it back for repair.

Hope it gets back quick!

:shock:
PaulMooresey

Post by PaulMooresey »

Well I got the C3 back.

Chris has fitted a new movement. The 1/10th dial now works, but the sweeping 2nd hand does not line up properly and when ticking round lands between the numbers.

I have tried to reset it as suggested in the manual, but this makes no difference. As this is covered by the 60-60 warranty, I will see what happens over the next few weeks.

Hopefully I wont have to try to time Usain Bolt in the meantime! :lol:
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

The C3 was my first CW watch. It did exactly the same thing (i.e the chrono dial got stuck), and as a consequence my pizza cooked for slightly longer than it should have. Wasn't best pleased :)
PaulMooresey

Post by PaulMooresey »

That is shocking!

U simply cannot eat a burnt pizza!

There seems to be a few issues with the "Sticky" C3. Love the look some other of the CW watches, but been bit put off with my first CW experience.

Customer service started off superb, but last 4 emails all not replied to.

Has CW become too popular and they are now struggling to cope?

I am being made redundant soon and have background in customer service! :D
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

PaulMooresey wrote: Customer service started off superb, but last 4 emails all not replied to.

Has CW become too popular and they are now struggling to cope?

I am being made redundant soon and have background in customer service! :D
I suspect it's the wrong time of year, what with a lot of folk on holidays. They are still a small company but obviously that's not really a concern of the consumer! :)

Send 'em your CV! You never know ;)

For what it's worth, I usually get speedy replies from Deborah (Deb). Having just got my C8 IPK back from repair! \:D/
Yoda
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Yoda »

CWL are very busy people with Chris and Wera having a young family as well, does not help. I had a problem with my C3 and sent it back to be rectified. Nothing could have been simpler. I have always had great customer service from all parts of CWL and I know that virtually all others do as well.

This is a young company in throws of growing and if they do make a mistake, well, give them a little leeway. Be proud that you are in at the beginning.
Indigo fugit

Yoda, bringing light to the dark side.