Non CW of the Day

A place to discuss other watch-brands
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by footycrazy »

^^^^^^^^^Nice Rootbeer Nicolas. :clap: very nice in fact.

Old pic but the Oris again today.

Graham
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

Incoming: 0
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Konketsu
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Konketsu »

"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." - Sir Winston Churchill
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by tempusmaximus »

Bernie
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by asqwerth »

Nomos Tetra2 with power reserve indicator (old pic):

C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
Leo David
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Leo David »

Very interesting, Aifo. I hadn't realised you owned a Guinand. It's a maker I keep returning to and looking at their website. Apart from the obvious Helmut Sinn link, I'd be interested to learn of your overall impression. I suspect build case quality and material is right up there and the movement is well assembled and embellished, but having first hand knowledge and experience would be very, very helpful.
Cheers
LD
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

Leo David wrote:Very interesting, Aifo. I hadn't realised you owned a Guinand. It's a maker I keep returning to and looking at their website. Apart from the obvious Helmut Sinn link, I'd be interested to learn of your overall impression. I suspect build case quality and material is right up there and the movement is well assembled and embellished, but having first hand knowledge and experience would be very, very helpful.
Cheers
LD
Hi LD, wish I can be more informative about modern Guinand but my sample is just an impulse purchase from the bay and although it's marked Guinand everywhere, I am not sure of it's authenticity tbh... especially after I emailed the details to Guinand but no reply. So let's just say mine doesn't represent Guinand as we know now.

But like you, I always look at Guinand's website too and would love to add a flying officer to my collection.
Incoming: 0
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

smegwina wrote:Image
Without doubt Bremont is on my radar, thanks for posting a great photograph. :thumbup:
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Coolest. Watch. Ever.

Post by Cirrus »

“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
theaub
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by theaub »

watchstudent wrote:
theaub wrote:Haven't worn this in a while so thought I'd start the working year with it. I intend to let it see more wrist time this year:

Can I ask why on earth you haven't been wearing that?! Explorers I and II are the only Rolex I like, and I REALLY like them :thumbup:
It's what I wear on really special occasions, but now I just want to wear it more. Whenever I put it on it just feels so comfortable. No matter what people say, Rolexes are fantastic watches.
Leo David
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Leo David »

Aifo wrote:Hi LD, wish I can be more informative about modern Guinand but my sample is just an impulse purchase from the bay and although it's marked Guinand everywhere, I am not sure of it's authenticity tbh... especially after I emailed the details to Guinand but no reply. So let's just say mine doesn't represent Guinand as we know now.

But like you, I always look at Guinand's website too and would love to add a flying officer to my collection.
Many thanks for getting back to me, Aifo. Much appreciated. I'm sure the provenance of yours is okay. I can't imagine there is a market in fake niche brands like Guinand. I notice there's a vintage flying officer on chrono24 http://cdn.chrono24.com/images/uhren/im ... ss.jpg?v=0 . Lovely looking watch although I never quite understand why watch makers would want to market a piece with hacked out numerals on the main dial to accommodate the sub dials. Personal taste I guess! The current dial is much better and I agree it's a nice piece. All the best, LD
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Orient Mako Yellow Dial on a rubber strap for washing my MINI Cooper S today :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits