C6 Kingfisher - changing strap issues

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
andy

C6 Kingfisher - changing strap issues

Post by andy »

My T3 C6 Kingfisher is currently on the IPK bracelet as came from the factory, but fancying a change I bought the rubber strap from the sales corner here and a springbar tool online. The only poblem is, when I came to swap the strap over tonight I couldn't seem to get any purchase on the springbars at all (not to mention it being pretty bl33ding hard to even see where I'm aiming for because of the small gap to access the bars). The springbar tool has a 1.80mm thick v-edge to it

Has anybody swapped out the bracelet on their C6 and got any tips on how to do it? Am I using a springbar tool which is too big?

Please help!

Thanks,
Andy
Yoda
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: C6 Kingfisher - changing strap issues

Post by Yoda »

This subject has cropped up before. I can only advise a search of the forums archives.
Indigo fugit

Yoda, bringing light to the dark side.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

Its an aquired knack.....trial end error and all of a sudden you realise what the secret is. Can't tell you what it actually is mind you-i just seem to be able to do it now.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
rcherryuk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by rcherryuk »

Andy,you definitely need a narrow springbar tool.

I've swapped the silicon for leather only once,never again........
Mind you it's easy to put it on leather, a pain to put it on silicon and a *&%@$$ to replace the bracelet.

Rob
Rob

Watches are like Dictionaries; the worst is better than none, and the best cannot be expected to go quite true.
Samuel Johnson
andy

Post by andy »

Thanks for the quick replies guys (Yoda, I did have a search but couldn't find anything helpful).

I might well give it a go later again but if it's a pain to swap onto the silicon bracelet, I don't want to be stuck in the situation of getting the bracelet off, only to be stuck not getting the strap on! :?

Cheers,
Andy
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Changing the strap on the C6 had me tearing my hair out. I found getting the silicon strap off quite easy (mine came on silicon). I found getting a bracelet on IMPOSSIBLE... true.. it was impossible as I had the wrong lug ends. Easier after I had the right ones though, but still incredibly difficult. I have taken it off, and put it back on again, another few times since then but as village says, you really do need the knack (and a thin+strong springbar tool)

The lugs on my C6 tell a tale of woe as a consequence.
andy

Post by andy »

Oh dear, this isn't sounding good, especially since I suspect my springbar tool's too big (fnar, fnar :lol: ).

Alas, the strap might be relegated to my watch-bits box for the moment... :(
Andyft21
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by Andyft21 »

Hi,

I changed the T3 strap on to my yellow C6 no problems but be carefull there are at least 2 different C6 cases (some of the metal ends are not compatable). The black rubber C6 (swiss movement strap) was a nightmare taking about 1 1/2 hours but once I got one end done the other end went okay and was fairly quick.
My advice is keep at it, it will go, but it is, not something I will be doing again in a hurry.

Ta, Andy
Andy
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

Its a cheat but it works - put a small bend in your spring bars then try again- it worked for me!
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

I changed the strap on my T3 to a leather one, and then later back to the bracelet without too much hassle I seem to remember?!!

Don't think I used a springbar tool tho as found it difficult to use, but I do have an array of small pointy tools with which I managed to get good purchase on said pesky spring to release it!!

My springbar tool has a kinda long thin bit on the other end, which is what I think I used, so that might be worth a go?!!
John