New sales-corner rule

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: New sales-corner rule

Post by akirk »

nritchie wrote:So.. as a new member ( as in today ! ) .. I am yet to make a CW purchase but of course am very much looking forward to.

So i try and look at the for sale forum only to find i have to make 30 posts before I can even view! this does seem a little high considering i do not yet own a CW watch, therefore my interest is in buying the right model for me, and if I could find one that someone else no longer wishes to own then it's good news for us all.. so why the high number of posts?

I'm a serious buyer who spends a great deal of time researching every last detail so it's a shame to be automatically 'tarred with the same brush' as a bot or scammer !

so with that said.. i'm looking at the c700 grande rapide (leather strap) or the c8 regulator in black. If my reading is correct the movement within the c700 seems to be moderately better but from a purely asthetical perspective i like both..

Any ideas?

cheers, Newbie
Hi nritchie - welcome...

If you read the many similar replies above you will see that it is not just about bots and scammers - but a community and building relationships... 30 posts is definitely not high (in fact very low in comparison to other forums) and along with the low number of watches sold on here and the fact that we all need to get to know each other seems to work well...

And this forum is just about being a CWL watch owner - but about being a community of those interested in CWL watches - so it is about joining in...

look forward to seeing your posts on the forums

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

nritchie wrote:So.. as a new member ( as in today ! ) .. I am yet to make a CW purchase but of course am very much looking forward to.

Welcome to the forum!

So i try and look at the for sale forum only to find i have to make 30 posts before I can even view! this does seem a little high considering i do not yet own a CW watch, therefore my interest is in buying the right model for me, and if I could find one that someone else no longer wishes to own then it's good news for us all.. so why the high number of posts?

The sales corner is not the raison d'etre of the forum.....and 30 posts is not a high number of posts by any stretch of the imagination

I'm a serious buyer who spends a great deal of time researching every last detail so it's a shame to be automatically 'tarred with the same brush' as a bot or scammer !

Well if you are a serious buyer then you will appreciate the need to be vigilant about bots & spammers,and also the added security in building some sort of history within the forum for others to go on. Having said that,its only 30 posts so don't waste them with +1's 8)

so with that said.. i'm looking at the c700 grande rapide (leather strap) or the c8 regulator in black. If my reading is correct the movement within the c700 seems to be moderately better but from a purely asthetical perspective i like both..

Any ideas?

cheers, Newbie
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
simmo140
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

Post by simmo140 »

I'm new to the forum and joined primarily to obtain access to the sales corner in order to replace my C6 which was recently stolen. CW are aware of my predicament. Can anyone help? Will be posting regularly to try and reach the magic 30 required :thumbup:
C2, C7 Mk1, C6 Blue & black, C60 LE Yellow & Orange, C11 MSL PVD, C13 Chrono, C60 300 Orange, C65 Trident Diver, C65 AM GT, Lillenthal Supernova LE, C60#Tide, C65 Classic LE, C63 GMT
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

simmo140 wrote:I'm new to the forum and joined primarily to obtain access to the sales corner in order to replace my C6 which was recently stolen. CW are aware of my predicament. Can anyone help? Will be posting regularly to try and reach the magic 30 required :thumbup:
Welcome. :wave:

You're much more likely to find a C6 on ebay that in the 'sales corner'. Happy hunting. :thumbup:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
akirk
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by akirk »

There haven't been any C6s on sale for a few months (other than an RAF special edition) - so I suspect you will be up to 30 posts well before another becomes available... and as Guy mentions, far more likely on ebay.

worth posting the serial number of the stolen one as well so forum members can look out for it...

welcome though

Alasdair
Tracking Christopher Ward watch prices on ebay globally at Watchroll
Tracking Bremont watch prices on ebay globally at Watchtrace
simmo140
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 9

Post by simmo140 »

Thanks for your advice Gentlemen. I have, indeed, found a C6 on Ebay. Look out for posts once it has undergone the obligatory personalisation strap change. :thumbup:
C2, C7 Mk1, C6 Blue & black, C60 LE Yellow & Orange, C11 MSL PVD, C13 Chrono, C60 300 Orange, C65 Trident Diver, C65 AM GT, Lillenthal Supernova LE, C60#Tide, C65 Classic LE, C63 GMT
giblets46
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by giblets46 »

If you have tapatalk, it seems you can access the sales corner there, I noticed this the other day (still in single figure posts at the moment)
craigie

Post by craigie »

Shocking you need to do this cause of Scammers! :-(
Chronofan

Post by Chronofan »

Agreed, this hurdle is a pain, if you want to buy a legit CW from a CW forum member, to become a CW watch owner you have to pester existing forum members. I understand the reasons why. Perhaps a short cut system could be worth devising.
page3
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by page3 »

30 posts does seem a bit high to me, but I understand the reasoning.

(oh look, that was my 30th post :silent: )
C6 Kingfisher Diver-Pro (Silicon Rubber strap), C3 Malvern Chronograph Mk II (brown leather strap), C8 Pilot Mk II U-2 Vintage Ed
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

page3 wrote:30 posts does seem a bit high to me, but I understand the reasoning.

(oh look, that was my 30th post :silent: )
You're in now though ;)
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

Don't you have to approach 1,000,000 posts on TZ-UK for a peep on the FS board is that just a vicious nasty rumour that I just fabricated ? :)
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by Hicksmat »

Only 20 something to go...... Frowns.
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

you'll probably be disappointed when you get there. it's not like there are 50 bargain CWs waiting your money.
the "g" is for Greg...
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

New rule: 30 posts to get to sales corner but 50 posts to post on this thread :lol:
I miss all the great things that may never be.