Tudor is coming to the US (officially)

A place to discuss other watch-brands
vikingdrvr
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Tudor is coming to the US (officially)

Post by vikingdrvr »

I learned this in a roundabout way :) Sportscar racing in the US has been sanctioned by two separate entities for several years now, Grand Am Racing and the American Le Mans Series. Both have suffered from the split as road racing enthusiasts in the US are limited and greatly out numbered by the legions of Nascrap followers. Last year they decided to merge forces and form the United Sportscar Championship to make its debut in 2014. They just announced Tudor as the series title sponsor...the article states that their announcement precedes that of Tudors which I guess will take place this evening...
It'll be great for sportscar racing to have such a big name sponsor...I'd better start saving for that BB :lol:

http://www.alms.com/articles/tudor-unit ... ebuts-2014
vikingdrvr

InComing: nada
InTheBox: C60 GMT, C7, C7IRR, C70 D-Type, C8, C11. Steinies: Nav B/OVM/OceanTi500/Racetimer X2/Chrono II. Others: SMP300M Chrono, SMdV, Alpina X2, Tissot Chrono, LLD, Heuer 2000 Auto, Breil...
Emily DT, Charlotte Deco, Coral (wife’s)
Fnew
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Tudor is coming to the US (officially)

Post by Fnew »

vikingdrvr wrote:Nascrap
:lol: :lol: That's awesome! I live about 3 miles from the Charlotte Motor Speedway and twice a year those people invade my town and make it impossible to go anywhere.

A few years ago they tried running the IRL series at the track as well. It was a completely different class of people that showed up for that race.
Fred

C60 COSC, Orient Mako XL, Raymond Weil Traditions Auto, Daniel JeanRichard Grand TV, Vintage Omega Seamaster, Baume & Mercier Riveria Auto, Citizen Eco Drive, 121 Time Custom Chrono, Invicta Speedway, vintage Seiko Business A, the one I built
Clarky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Clarky »

Tudor officially launched in the US about three weeks ago

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/event-reca ... california
I can resist everything, Except temptation
Oscar Wilde
trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 13

Post by trsullivan »

I wonder how they'll make out? I've watched the Goodwood Revivals on TV, and really enjoy that type of racing.
NASCAR only makes me bored, left turn endurance nonsense...
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC, C3 FLE
C65 AM GT LE