Clarky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Re: Another year, another SOTC

Post by Clarky »

Many thanks everyone, I am still learning about different watches and their particular movements and that all too oftern brings with it the desire to own such pieces ( they say a little knowledge is a dangerous or was that an expensive thing?).
I have to thank those that have helped me get started off with improving my photography too as I think that has come a long way since I joined up on this forum.

Viognier wrote:Clarky, just wow. You have built a world class collection of watches and thank you for the fantastic pictures of each. It's pretty special when your Steinhart beater watch is even kick ass :lol:

What is on your horizon for next addition? You noted IWC - would it be the Big Pilot double chrono? Besides the C5 what else may be at risk of departure?

I realy want a nice original Omega speedmaster 105.003 (Ed White), they are fantastic, good value vintage pieces given their heritage and especially compared with such watches as the equivelant year Daytona's.
I also have a couple of other vintage pieces I have been on the hunt for for some time but I haven't found the right example in the condition I am after so that is an ongoing project.
One of the almost vintage watches I am after (they started making them in 1994) is an IWC Pilot MK XII (the model the timefactors Speedbird III is modelled on) with its JLC calibre 889/2 movement, I am after one that has its original tritium dial and hands as these are oftern replaced at service unfortunately. Still it keeps the hunt interesting if funds permit.
I can resist everything, Except temptation
Oscar Wilde
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

A fabulous collection Clarky. If only mine could rival it some day. The Panda is my favorite.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Berkshire

Post by Berkshire »

I keep coming back to take another look at your fantastic collection in particular the Tutor Black Bay. I just might be tempted at sometime to included the Tudor in my watch journey. As for the Rolex GMT, without doubt, the watch is special. I look forward to your next SOTC.

Great photography too.

Richard
Clarky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-three: yes

Post by Clarky »

A couple of people have asked me about the Black Bay, here is the link to the review I did a little while ago for anyone interested:

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =8&t=20400
I can resist everything, Except temptation
Oscar Wilde