Had a mini GTG today. sorry-no pictures.

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Had a mini GTG today. sorry-no pictures.

Post by footycrazy »

As the title says, i had a little gtg with Paul ( AKA Stefs ) today. I got a txt from Paul asking if i was about today and was it ok to pop round for a Coffee/tea and have a browse of the collections.

Of course i obliged as its always good to see Paul/another members collection and how its transforming. So at 1.30 pm Paul arrived with his collection (24 watches) and before we started the watch talk, the wife decided to leave us saddo,s to it (her words) and go hand bag shopping :lol:

Well, i learn't a few things today regarding other watches that i have only seen via the web or this forum. I,ll start with the CW,s.......never really liked the C11 case shape but that is a dark horse in the cw lineup as its absolutely gorgeous, very thin and the clarity of the crystal is amazing, Why CW doesn't fit this to all of the lineup puzzles me.
Next up is "Big Blue" C9 chrono is beautiful and just the right shade of blue which looks great with a black leather / blue stitching.
C5a mki black and mkii cream are both very nice looking watches and make a great pair, although i think Paul might be considering letting them go :( close to temptation for those 2 myself.
C2 definitely not keen on the whole design of these, but that's just me.

Non CW.

Bell & Ross BR123 vintage, WOW thats a cracking watch that could well end up in my collection if i find a discounted non dlc version and funds allow. very classy watch and i Love it.

Alfred Dunhill L.E was a real interesting piece almost art deco styling and very unusual. Not my type of watch but i can see the attraction to it. :thumbup:

Tissot t-touch - a very nice looking watch and a nice size & feel, the perfect grab & go watch. Unfortunately could just be a go watch as this might also be up for the chop - a bargain for whomever gets this one.

Lastly was the big old Panerai style watch, that was actually an incredible watch considering the price its superbly made and if it wasn't for the size i might be tempted to buy that one off you.
Lots of other interesting pieces but i will be here all night if do them all. :lol:

Enough rambling, It was a really pleasant afternoon and i would like to thank Paul for bringing his lovely collection by. I couldn't own this many watches being too hard for choices each morning.
Graham
highway62

Re: Had a mini GTG today. sorry-no pictures.

Post by highway62 »

Hmmmm, "very thin" you just might have put me off the C11 ! :lol:
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by teestech »

I noticed there was no depth dimension on the CWL website for the C11 Makaira Pro, but assume it'll be the same as the MSL Black Manta version at 10.7mm as they both have the SW200 movement. Doesn't sound overly thin, so is it just an illusion of the case design do you think?
Chr Ward • Rolex • Oris • Magrette • Orient • Helgray • Citizen • CWC • Momentum • Suunto • Rotary • Majex • Yema
Handwound: 2 • Automatic: 15 • Quartz: 6
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

teestech wrote:I noticed there was no depth dimension on the CWL website for the C11 Makaira Pro, but assume it'll be the same as the MSL Black Manta version at 10.7mm as they both have the SW200 movement. Doesn't sound overly thin, so is it just an illusion of the case design do you think?

I would say the case design just sits very nicely on the wrist and appears/feels quite thin.
Graham
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by teestech »

Thanks, like you I was never originally that keen on the C11 shape, but the more photos I see of it on here, the more attractive it looks.
Chr Ward • Rolex • Oris • Magrette • Orient • Helgray • Citizen • CWC • Momentum • Suunto • Rotary • Majex • Yema
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

teestech wrote:I noticed there was no depth dimension on the CWL website for the C11 Makaira Pro, but assume it'll be the same as the MSL Black Manta version at 10.7mm as they both have the SW200 movement. Doesn't sound overly thin, so is it just an illusion of the case design do you think?
The C11 Makaira Pro and Elite are 13.4mm in height. The C11 MSL series is 10.7 mm.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by teestech »

Ah, interesting Kip, thanks for that. Was there a particular need to extend the height of the case? I mistakenly thought that with no added complications there'd be no need for a deeper case than on the MSL.
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

teestech wrote:Ah, interesting Kip, thanks for that. Was there a particular need to extend the height of the case? I mistakenly thought that with no added complications there'd be no need for a deeper case than on the MSL.

Inner rotating bezel i would think adds height.
Graham
teestech
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by teestech »

footycrazy wrote:Inner rotating bezel i would think adds height.
:oops: Of course, that'll teach me to pay more attention! Thanks footy, there was always going to be a blindingly obvious answer that I'd completely overlooked #-o
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Well done, lads! :clap:

Always nice to hear about GTGs whether it's a large gathering, a few people or just two having a chat over coffee. :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Sounds like a fun afternoon footy.

Did the wife come back with any hand bags? :)

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

scooter wrote:Sounds like a fun afternoon footy.

Did the wife come back with any hand bags? :)

scooter
Morning mate,
She came back with lots of bags, but no handbags this time. :thumbup:
Graham