Bronzo CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
EODGHOST

Bronzo CW?

Post by EODGHOST »

OK,
Christopher Ward came out with a Titanium dive watch some time ago. Partly, I would like to think, to many patrons asking for one.
I know I sent a request for them to build a titanium version and a few others did the same. I hope our suggestions have some influence on what they build as we are their customers. (and the customer is always right, yes? LOL)

Let's see if we can convince them to build a Bronze, limited edition now.

1. Keep it below 44mm diameter. ( Bronze is heavy and no one want to wear a kettle bell on their wrist)
2. GMT style or a Diver with an outer rotating bezel. (I'm up for either if done right)
3. Date wheel. ( I could care less, but would vote no just to the face clean)

Any input or suggestions?

Come on CW, accept the challenge!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Bronzo CW?

Post by Kip »

I suspect if CWL is to ever build a bronze case it will be based on an existing model such as the C11.

I really don't see it happening, but if enough showed interest he just might consider it.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Asked around about a bronze C20 a year or so ago, it gained some likes and a few passionately hated the idea. A poll might be needed on this as interest still seems to be building. It'll never happen though, it just doesn't seem to feel like it fits CW's dressy approach.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

Considering the feeding frenzy I have witnessed on other fora in relation to bronze cased pieces, I don't think there is a lack of interest. It does, however, also seem that the minute the B word is used, manufacturers increase the price by a seemingly inordinate amount. I suspect this is the reason that many manufacturers don't offer bronze pieces.

I am still waiting to see how the Precista PRS30 turns out as I would dearly love to add a bronze piece to my collection and would rather my money went to one of my favourite companies. So, if CWL offered a bronze C11, I would be interested, as long as the price was right.
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by tempusmaximus »

I still think that bronze watches are still a fad ,but I wouldn't mind adding one to the collection ,if cw made a bronze model I would consider purchasing one if the price was right
Bernie
carlt69
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by carlt69 »

A bronze C11 based watch I think wild be nice.

I have been thinking about buying a bronze watch as I like the idea of it changing over time.
Tudor BB Blue
Tudor Pelagos :D
BALL Fireman Storm Chaser Pro
CWL C60 Trident Pro
Vostok Europe Almaz Bronze
Casio G-Shock x 2
Tissot T-Touch Expert Titanium
jimmyedwards1984
Senior
Senior

Post by jimmyedwards1984 »

I would love to see a Bronze C11 Diver. How many people do you think would have to like the idea to get it put into production?
Samdwich
Senior
Senior

Post by Samdwich »

If its done ill get one, I mean my talking for the heat of the moment ill buy one for sure.
Paul Drawmer
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 7

Post by Paul Drawmer »

I like the idea of a bronze cased watch. Not a diver though, a bronze watch needs to be pretty plain.

A CW deck watch. hand wound, C9 slim line, white face, blued hands, arabic numerals, vintage style strap (not rivets!).
There's always time for one more.
Yoda
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Yoda »

EODGHOST wrote:OK,
Christopher Ward came out with a Titanium dive watch some time ago. Partly, I would like to think, to many patrons asking for one.
I know I sent a request for them to build a titanium version and a few others did the same. I hope our suggestions have some influence on what they build as we are their customers. (and the customer is always right, yes? LOL)

Let's see if we can convince them to build a Bronze, limited edition now.

1. Keep it below 44mm diameter. ( Bronze is heavy and no one want to wear a kettle bell on their wrist)
2. GMT style or a Diver with an outer rotating bezel. (I'm up for either if done right)
3. Date wheel. ( I could care less, but would vote no just to the face clean)

Any input or suggestions?

Come on CW, accept the challenge!
Penny for your thoughts?
Indigo fugit

Yoda, bringing light to the dark side.
matt55
Expert
Expert

Post by matt55 »

Hi Paul

Looks like the ideal wish for a classic styled watch, like your thoughts.
It would be an interesting addition to the range.