Rally style strap with curved ends. Somebody know one?

Straps, straps, straps, and bracelets!
v8power
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Rally style strap with curved ends. Somebody know one?

Post by v8power »

I like CW racing style straps, but really in love with rally-style. BUT! I want to keep great style of my C70IT keeping nice touch of curved ends. Discovering Inet/shops/auctions etc for a long time I can't find any rally strap with curved ends. Just want to ask forum: do anyone knows where I can take something in THIS style:

Combined with THIS ends

Nice idea huh? If anyone knows an answer - tell me :)

-----

Sent using just a computer by just a hands.
Watch out :)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Re: Rally style strap with curved ends. Somebody know one?

Post by Kip »

It is a good idea, but I think you are going to have a tough time find a fitted strap like that.

I wish you luck, but most aftermarket straps are straight so they will fit most watches.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
v8power
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by v8power »

I almost ready to order "hand made" one (in other words, to choose very expensive solution). As I see, that kind of strap is almost impossible to find, but still searching for.
Robin CB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robin CB »

I have never seen an aftermarket rally strap with curved ends either, although I know Hirsch do some straps with curved ends, so it might be worth trying them, or asking Watch Obession who have done bespoke Hirsch in the past.

As for hand made straps - I don't know of one which offers curved ends (delighted to be proved wrong). Most are too chunky to be made with a curved end as well.

Good luck with the hunt and do let us know how you get on.
v8power
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by v8power »

Thanks, Rob, but i saw all Hirsch collections - not even close.
Robin CB wrote: As for hand made straps - I don't know of one which offers curved ends (delighted to be proved wrong). Most are too chunky to be made with a curved end
I'm not good in English, my language knowledge poor alittle. I mean "hand made" as "custom made" or "special order"... I know a skinner (right word?), who can make it. I know he made a strap for my buddy's Breitling and it was better then genuine. But his price for job like that will be close to 150 - 180 gbp. Not too cheap yup?
Robin CB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robin CB »

v8power wrote:Thanks, Rob, but i saw all Hirsch collections - not even close.
Robin CB wrote: As for hand made straps - I don't know of one which offers curved ends (delighted to be proved wrong). Most are too chunky to be made with a curved end
I'm not good in English, my language knowledge poor alittle. I mean "hand made" as "custom made" or "special order"... I know a skinner (right word?), who can make it. I know he made a strap for my buddy's Breitling and it was better then genuine. But his price for job like that will be close to 150 - 180 gbp. Not too cheap yup?
By 'skinner', I guess you mean leather-worker (or cobbler - a shoemaker, or cordwainer). If they are good with leather and can make exactly the strap you are after, then the price is not far off what Aqswerth paid - http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =8&t=18930

Certainly cheaper than a branded strap from a high end watchmaker like omega, etc.

If you are less wored about the fitted ends then look up Toshi or SteveoStraps (both with a good reputation).

Good luck
v8power
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by v8power »

Thank you one more time :) and for language teaching too :)