Unhappy with G.Gerlach

A place to discuss other watch-brands
neolamp
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Unhappy with G.Gerlach

Post by neolamp »

I purchased a G.Gerlach (ORP Dzik) May 29 and just received last week (I purchased A CW June 9th and I received both on the same day). I didn't care about that. When I received the watch I didn't like it and was actually shocked by the people that had recommend the watch. So I completed the returns section on their website and contacted Chris (G.Gerlach). It has been over a week and no response. I have purchased 4 CW (never returned) but the customer service that is available is very reassuring.
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Re: Unhappy with G.Gerlach

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

Ummm, errrrrr. Where should I start..........
I think I should PM Mortis, he is normally good at helping out with this sort of thing. :silent:
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

neolamp wrote:I purchased a G.Gerlach (ORP Dzik) May 29 and just received last week (I purchased A CW June 9th and I received both on the same day). I didn't care about that. When I received the watch I didn't like it and was actually shocked by the people that had recommend the watch. So I completed the returns section on their website and contacted Chris (G.Gerlach). It has been over a week and no response. I have purchased 4 CW (never returned) but the customer service that is available is very reassuring.

Thy are VERY VERY slow to respond. I would try posting in the Gerlach section on WUS. That seems to elicit a slightly more rapid response as it's public :thumbup:

What didn't you like about the ORP? I loved mine :?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Aside from still awaiting a response, what did you not like about the watch?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
bradjhomes
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by bradjhomes »

As pointed out in response to your post on watchuseek, Chris (G.Gerlach) is away for a week so will not be responding to PMs. Gerlach are a small operation. He tends to be very good at getting back to customers, but does take time off from time to time.
neolamp
Senior
Senior

Post by neolamp »

It has a very strange strap pivoting piece. It makes changing to any other strap very difficult or impossible - also my other straps are now too long. I found the finish (paint) to look quit cheap and the bezel doesn't align correctly. The rubber strap I ordered is completely different than what I received. I just looked at it and new I didn't want it. I see Chris is on vacation and hopefully we can work something out. I still think you should have some sort of return policy posted on line. I may have received a warranty with the watch but it is in Polish.
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by ItsAliveJim »

He said he'd already filled that out.

And in my experience as a Gerlach owner, they were snail's pace at responding to enquiries. Although they seemed to have the time to post frequently on WUS?

I'm still waiting for my brown strap after they sent the black by mistake – or was it because they didn't have any brown in stock and rather than contact the customer, they just sent it out anyway? Either way, slow, slow, slow.

My watch was fine though :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

I have a Gerlach. In fact I have two. Their quirky, I guess that's why I like them. :thumbup:

I put my ORP on their bracelet. It transformed the watch. :-D
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
neolamp
Senior
Senior

Post by neolamp »

I am not a fan of bracelets, but can see your point.
Mr Rick wrote:I have a Gerlach. In fact I have two. Their quirky, I guess that's why I like them. :thumbup:

I put my ORP on their bracelet. It transformed the watch. :-D