New today, C60 orange bezel

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
christre
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Re: New today, C60 orange bezel

Post by christre »

chriswalkerband wrote:Great looking watch, really love the orange accents! I disagree however about the CW strap. The retired CW straps (old logo) are very cool looking but are only somewhat comfortable at best, and the new straps look like cheap Orient stock straps or a poor Seiko Z22 homage.

Nothing beats an Isofrane IMO. Congrats on your new piece, and nice PO :thumbup:

Must agree to dis-agree on a few things im afraid.
in my opinion Isofranes don't suit the C60. They belong on a more vintage, retro looking watches. Mine stays on my Seiko 6309 and Halios Laguna whos case designs suit Isofranes much better.

Also I said how I personally think the strap is very comfortable. I never commented on the straps style. I agree I would prefer it without the vents,, something flatter like the PO's plain black rubber or Sinns diving straps. To say its like a Seiko homage or Orient stock strap is far off from the truth. Its a great strap and maybe because its a perfect fit on me I still think it beats the Iso comfort wise.
Joey
Junior
Junior

Post by Joey »

I've had mine for the last 6 days, my first trident and I must say I'm quite impressed. I know photograps are the order of the day, however I could not top these, they really catch the look of the watch. The movement is running appx 16 seconds fast over that period but I hink if i measued again it would be even better as it seems to have settled down over the last 4 days. The rubber strap is decent enough and quite comfortable. If I had any criticsm it would be that the bezel is about a quarter click of lining up at twelve O,Clock.... no one else has noticed!
All in all a lovely watch that has hardly been of my wrist this week. I have noticed that the lume of the minute hand is green, sort of like the pip colour where as the rest of the lume is blue. I've not seen any one mention this before - a new move perhaps? :thumbup:
C.W C20 Lido / C60 trident orange bezel. Tudor Pelagos. Tag Heuer Formula1 Chrono. G shock M.I.R orange
Stanley
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by Stanley »

Enjoy,I have had my C60 with the orange strap since March,great watch and has received many comments and requests of where it was purchased,it looks good with a business suit or jeans and a tee shirt.
Now saving for the C60 Blue.
Regards
Stan the Man
Breitling Navitimer
Glycine Strataforte
Longines Conquest
C.W. C60 Trident Pro Blue SBS
C.W. C60 Trident Pro Orange SKOO
C.W. C7 Rapide BRG Ltd
C.W. C8 Pilot Mk 1
C.W. C8 Pilot Mk 2
C.W. C4 Peregrine
Citizen Eco Drive
Pulsar
Accurist Skymaster
Teejaybee
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Teejaybee »

Snap, got mine last week! Very happy
"Its better to let everyone think you are an idiot than to say something and remove all doubt"!

CW Kingfisher Pro
CW C60 Trident - Orange Bezel rubber strap
Tag F1
Rado Diastar
Mondaine SBB
Citizen America's Cup
Seiko Sports 100
and others
Harmless_Addiction
CW-watches: 1

Post by Harmless_Addiction »

Beautiful watch - congrats! Definitely have my eye on this one for the future.
Was curious if anyone had also looked at / had an opinion as to a similar watch with the orange bezel / black dial Omega Planet Ocean style - the Orient Mako XL. http://orientwatchusa.com/cem75004b haven't owned an Orient so can't speak to quality, but other boards seem high on them.
The Family: wife and 2 boys
The Addiction:
- Christopher Ward C3 Malvern MKII
- Raymond Weil Tango
- Tag Heuer Carrera Chrono
- Timex Expedition (beater)
- tbd Desk Diver (Submariner homage / style)
- tbd Dive Watch (beater).......